The Southeast Asian Treasure Connection is back up!

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Attachments

• tseatc_logo.jpg
    tseatc_logo.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 457

alexnz

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2009
New Zealand
Hi, AL here, nice site, you filled a niche with that, good on you.
I've been to SEA quite a few times (without a MD) and have been doing research on different subject related to SEA for years but not on physical treasure that can be found with a MD (yet).
I bet the locals in the back country would be intrigued if you walked around with a MD, and in some places the whole village would follow you around (definetly ALL the children), but it could led to all sorts of old stories about 'treasure' emerging out the woodwork (one would need an translater).
Of course 'Trust' could be an issue and 'Officials' but a bit of 'Backshish' usually sorts that out.
However the larger the value of the treasure the more dangerous it could become....
Keep it up mate and tell us some of your personal travel storys from there.
AL.

OP
OP
bronzecannons

bronzecannons

Sep 1, 2005
Oceanside, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
G'Day Al,
Thanks for your support. Well I did do a bit of MD in a few places there around SEA and you're right, the locals were definitely intregued and following me around everywhere. I even had the kids trained to dig for me when I got a signal, mate! haha.. I did donate some of my finds to the Singapore National Museum so they were happy with that and after that I could pretty much go detecting anywhere I wanted with the blessing of the local government. I posted a few of my finds on the web site so go check it out there.
Please feel free to post anytime on the SEA Treasure Connection forum. Let's share some 'fish tales'. haha.
TW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread