My attempt to dig a hole in the NF and where it led me.

Deborah Strole

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2006
My attempt to dig a hole in the NF for the Beale Treasure ;D and the shock when I learned all the ways the FS uses to stop you; even if you tell them the very close area where it is located; you fill out paperwork; pay fees; swear on your children's inheritance, etc that you will put the land exactly back like it was, whether you find the treasure or not, & they still won't give you a permit ???

Anyway, that is what started my quest to find out what was going on as far as the limitations, restrictions, etc. to our access to our Public Lands. Boy, have I got a boat-load of stuff accumulated for the last couple of years. I've put most of it on a website to educate my fellow treasure hunters and hope you are interested enough to spend 39 cents and write a letter to a Congressman who is trying to get my legislation passed that I wrote to fix this. http://www.ourrighttopubliclandsaccess.com/

I'm serious! I wrote legislation and I'm going to get it passed or die trying, but I need snail mail letters written by the thousands. Hopefully the folks here will see fit to learn from my quest and help me get YOUR Public Land Rights back.

This is my first time here but I'm going to visit every single site I can find and post this so hopefully, my Congressman can walk into the House Resources Committee room with a dozen people behind him all carrying boxes of hand written letters supporting legislation to get our "Public Lands access" and "Public Lands rights" back.

Treasure hunting is what brought foreigners over here from all over the world, and they left behind treasures of their own and I want to find them legally.

Attachments

• strole_bushlg.jpg
    strole_bushlg.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,867

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Hello,

Mrs. Strole,
I wanted to tell you that i glanced at your website and i will go back and read it all. Very informative.Will take a while to read it all(if i count the links) but it will be worth it.
I also wanted to thank you for the hard work you are doing on behalf of all MD'ers and Gold Panners and Treasure Hunters alike. Your persistance and sacrifice should be appreciated by everyone who uses this forum.

And again,
Welcome to the forum,

Mike in SC

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As it stands, there is only one GOOD way to get your access:

Find a good attorney, who has experience in dealing with the government. He will negotiate the splitting of the treasure (you probably won't get better than 50%), and hand walk all the paperwork through. It would be best to get one who believes in your quest, because he may be willing to work for a share.

Your idea is great, but legislation won't be very quick to pass. I'll send in letters of support for your legislation. In the meantime, find that lawyer!

Good Luck-Mike

OP
OP
D

Deborah Strole

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2006
Reply to Mike: My attempt to dig a hole in the NF and where it led me.

My attempt to dig a hole in the NF and where it led me.
gollum said:
Find a good attorney, who has experience in dealing with the government. He will negotiate the splitting of the treasure (you probably won't get better than 50%), and hand walk all the paperwork through. It would be best to get one who believes in your quest, because he may be willing to work for a share.
Good Luck-Mike
I found a good attorney years ago; shortly after I was allowed on the Beale Treasure team. :D He was Mel Fisher's attorney who went all the way to the Supreme Court for him, and yes he was going to work for a share. :D We negotiated an agreement with all the BT team partners and then .... ???... the papers he sent me didn't look like the verbal agreement we had made on the phone.

Before I even went looking for an attorney, we had already used magnetometers, ground penetrating radar, electromagnetics, micro-gravity, resistance, etc. with mixed results due to........ oops, nevermind. Then, he said I had to come up with proof of the treasure's existence so after lots and lots of research I found a guy who would do it for $2k. This fellow I found does this for a living in Mexico working with President Fox. He gets 50% of everything he finds, gold or trinkets........ Then the attorney told me the equipment I was going to use was experimental and would not be approved; so I was wasting my time. One day I need to go see that attorney. I still have all his information and he had an office on Key West, Florida. He would remember me.

Yes, you are correct about getting only half of the treasure, and that is after a year of allowing all kinds of yahoo's to make claims for it as their own. If it is on private land and you have documents proving you had an agreement with the land owner; better keep it in a safety deposit box. Then after you split with the land owner, you split with the government, then you take what's left and pay income tax on it.

I have some documents I need to scan and post on my website concerning just ALL that.... and treasure trove law in general. You know; there is no such thing as treasure trove law on land; only if the treasure is under water. Keep in mind, it can be Lake Michigan or the Mississippi River, there are laws, but not for treasure on public land. And that is where the Beale Treasure is.

And now a quote from someone who emailed me "When the ESA was introduced it was no big deal . BUT THEN it became the main weapon for closing down half the known world to everything but birds and worms."

He hit it right on the head; the government employees (who now think they are Gods because of the ESA) and the liberal judges who want to save the earth, and the wacko's which I will cover in another post are keeping honest Americans from their Public Land.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Howdy Deborah, and well met! You may want to contact Helen Chenowith- Haig. She may be of some help. Hope I got the name right, It's been many years since I met her. She is (or was) a congresswoman and has a distinct interest in public lands and land disputes. Her husband and her were tormented for years by the BLM, and it wound up causing him so much stress in terms of dollars and lost sleep that it literally killed him. She has a vested interest in these kinds of things, has pull, and doesn't back down from squat.

My kinda lady.... sounds a lot like you are too! (Relax, I'm taken!) LOL!

Anyways, another you may want to read up on, or talk to would be Holly Swanson.

Two of the most passionate people I've ever met when it comes to government takings, green ideology, and land issues.

In fact, here's a shameless plug.....

Attachments

• Holly.jpg
    Holly.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,808
OP
OP
D

Deborah Strole

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2006
beale said:
Deborah, You can take a pick and shovel and dig a tunnel forever without the NF knowing you are there. As long as the government red tape takes, you could take your hands and dig up treasure faster than they will move. Trying to get a bill passed through congress is a Nobel deed, but a huge waste of time and funds.
Take high tech scanning equipment in there and see if anything is there. Then dig your tunnels the old fashion way. No need for bulldozers or backhoes.

Not in this spot! You would have to start digging a half mile from the target and since the terrain is full of rocks the size of a house; forget it. And since we had to pinpoint the spot on a map in order to apply for a digging permit; the area is watched closely, and we have people who are watching them watch us. Pretty funny really. When my legislation passes; that's it, we're in!

And I take offense to you saying my "Nobel deed, but a huge waste of time and funds". It is not just for me anymore. It stopped being just for me when I learned of all the corruption involved in NFS CFR's, code books, etc., the environmentalist running the part of the House Resources over Public Lands instead of Congressmen. If you are interested in this; read the link on my website (The Problem) tab. http://www.ourrighttopubliclandsaccess.com/
I wish the wacko environmentalist would police their own, like this group http://www.sas.org/tcs/weeklyIssues_2006/2006-04-07/feature1p/index.html

As long as the communist are herding us onto Reservations for all people and keeping the rest of the U.S. for the animals, it isn't a legislative bill just for me. It's for all of us and I hope you will send a letter or post card as is asked for on my website.
http://www.ourrighttopubliclandsaccess.com/

OP
OP
D

Deborah Strole

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2006
Jeffro said:
Helen Chenowith- Haig. She is (or was) a congresswoman and has a distinct interest in public lands and land disputes. Her husband and her were tormented for years by the BLM, and it wound up causing him so much stress in terms of dollars and lost sleep that it literally killed him. She has a vested interest in these kinds of things, has pull, and doesn't back down from squat.

THANKS!!! I made myself a note on my computer calendar to do a search for both of them. I need all the help I can get. Pray my computer doesn't go down............
And shameless plugs are fine with me as long as they are on our team.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think this is the exact reason most people just dig and don't tell anyone :o

OP
OP
D

Deborah Strole

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2006
Re: Reply to Mike: My attempt to dig a hole in the NF and where it led me.

You seem well versed in law. Why do you list all of the equipment you have used to locate the Beale Treasure on NF. You did get the necessary paper work. They can fine you up to $250,000. for each piece of equipment you say you have had on NF. They can give you ten years imprisonment, seize your equipment and take your vehicles that you got there in. You know I am speaking from experience on this matter.

I wish you the best on the recovery of the Beale Treasure. I personally do not believe that you have the right location. Sure the research is good and the decipherment of the codes seems logical. As parting ways in the heat of the desert; one will choose the right direction and the others ------- well you know what I mean. I can take you to the Beale Treasure----------it is beside of a country road------four miles from Bufford's Tavern. With your partners I have been to their site on many occasions. I like mine better but I wish you luck anyways. Most likely you will need it.

OK, then you know who I am; and you know the person who cracked the final part of the code. And the equipment that I listed was used at the site before I became a partner. With mixed results. The one and only time I went there, we took only ourselves; not even a shovel and we didn't even turn over a rock. I have no desire to spend time in a Virginia jail. I went so my husband and I could meet the partners and see the site. There are some holes already dug out there but the NFS will probably clean the site up. Doesn't matter, they are off a ways.

He can't dig it up and make money so he wrote a book; a real one this time and it is going to be published in Canada. Don't know how much he is going to reveal.

Kind regards,
Deborah

OP
OP
D

Deborah Strole

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2006
djui5 said:
I think this is the exact reason most people just dig and don't tell anyone :o

That doesn't ensure us our Public Land Rights back from the environmentalist zealots. When I'm finished EVERY recreation will be allowed without all the red tape if you want to go off trail.

I hate the fact that "recreational areas" are the only places We The People are welcome on public land.
Think of how many years wars have been fought for control or ownership of land.

The NFS (read environmentalist) took all the guarantees in the 5th Amendment to the Constitution and used underhanded ways to get control.
Go to my website; click on sample letter, the second link from the left and help us get our land rights back.
Kind regards,
Deborah

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deborah,

I hope you get what you want. Your proposals look good. Just remember that you can go in the backdoor or sidedoor as easily as you can the front. Don,t be afraid to get creative in your efforts. You obviously don,t take no for an answer, but don,t keep butting your head on a rock, bring some dynamite. Good luck.

Ed Donovan

OP
OP
D

Deborah Strole

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2006
beale said:
Deborah,

Sorry about the previous post I made about the fines and such. Most everyone tries to do things the legal way. It is the toughest route to follow.

I didn't even know about the penalties of using a metal detector in the NF until one day I contacted the head ranger and asked him about metal detecting near Boone, North Carolina. When he told me the penalty I almost passed out. I had been down there detecting for three days with rangers driving by and starring at me. I didn't even know I could have went to jail. So others out there beware and find out such things. We do take our freedoms for granted sometimes and for this we can assume wrong.

The fines being very steep and the tolerance for anyone is zero. So anyone and everyone get behind this Deborah Strole Bill and get letters and e-mail messages so we can change NF laws and get our land of freedom to hunt back.

Thanks for the endorsement!!!!! Yes, it's about getting BACK what the environmentalist law writers have taken away from us the last 30 years. I only takes 5 minutes to print out the letter and fill it in and get a stamp and get it in the mailbox!

Go to my website; click on sample letter, the second link from the left and help us get our land rights back.

Kind regards,

Deborah

OP
OP
D

Deborah Strole

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2006
beale said:
Deborah,

This is not just about your attempt to dig in the NF. It is about opening up 700 million acres to all of us treasure hunters, explorers and even the ones that pan for gold in it's streams and rivers.

I am surprised! No, I am totally shocked that there is not more participation on your post. I have pm'd Marc and tried to get this on treasurenet favorites but I have received no reply. Come on out there if you are a treasure hunter or just a coin shooter----------there are millions of acres with campsites, swimming holes with change, rings and necklaces. Everyone get involved.

Yeah, I've been totally shocked for nearly 4-years; since I found out what was going on. I'm paying $400. out of my own pocket to get face to face time (VIP fund raiser) with the Speaker of the House (Dennis Hastert for those who aren't into politics) to give him a copy of my legislation and try to get him to read it in front of me and give me his opinion.

I'm also speaking in front of my local gem and mineral club this Saturday (if I don't faint walking up to the microphone) on the topic. This is about all recreation that involves public land. And I feel like no one cares about it but me. Can't tell you how frustrating it is. 700 million acres, being controlled by the (mostly) environmentally extremist groups and lobbyist.

http://www.publiclands.org/home.php?SID=
That website (look at the bottom) will give you lots of info from their links about where you "can" go for recreation. What a crock!!

To quote: Peter F Colwell* Tim F Scheu** in "Public land use constraints: Lot and house configuration"
"The public sector constrains the size and shape of lots and buildings via zoning ordinances and subdivision regulations. Zoning ordinances utilize setback requirements, open space ratios, minimum lot area and floor-to-area ratios. Subdivision regulations utilize street and sidewalk spacing requirments."

Makes me angry when I think that "the public" can vote out of office some guy who is trying to build low cost housing next to a Championship Golf Course; but "the public" can't do the same when "the government" (read BLM, NFS) constrains "the public" off of 700 million acres of land for traditional recreational purposes.

That was so good, I think I'll go put it somewhere on my website.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
quote from beale,

"I had been down there detecting for three days with rangers driving by and starring at me. I didn't even know I could have went to jail. So others out there beware and find out such things. We do take our freedoms for granted sometimes and for this we can assume wrong.

The fines being very steep and the tolerance for anyone is zero. "

How can tolerance be zero if they had been driving by for three days and said nothing nor confiscated anything? Are we exaggerating a wee bit?

I have already sent my senator and congressmen letters in support of Mrs. Strole's bill. It is a cause that every person on TNet should endorse.

grizzly bare

OP
OP
D

Deborah Strole

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2006
Thanks so much Jeffro; I wrote to Grassfire.org and asked them to visit my website for more details than the 4 or 5 paragraphs I wrote to them. Hope it gets some attention.
I went to the fund-raiser yesterday so I could talk to my Congressman again and also spoke with the Speaker of the House; who I had met once before. It never ceases to amaze me to hear the stories they tell; in this case, Dennis Hastert told of his 9-11 day experience; blow by blow. I almost cried as he described how horrified he was that the secret service was whisking him away to safety and how he wouldn't go until he got his aids and staff to safety first.

Same with Congressman Renzi; how his trip to Israel during the war a few weeks ago and how a 7 year old little girl was not afraid but her 13 year old sister was terrified as they watched the bombs dropping around them in the distance. He asked the youngest one why she was not afraid; and she said her God and her Govt. was protecting her. Renzi got a bit emotional when he said "out of the mouth of babes". I agree; and made my pitch again for more attention to my proposed legislation. I even asked Renzi if I could give a copy of it to the Speaker and he wouldn't let me, but Mr. Hastert wanted to know what it was about and Renzi gave him a quick mention and that he was working on it.

Please everyone, write to any person you know who has ever used public land for anything; camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, whatever......... and get them to use my website to write a letter to Congressman Renzi.

Thanks for your support, I'm working for your rights,

Deborah

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I have a 130 acre gold claim in a National Forrest in Western Oregon.
I was visted many times by the GREENIES. I was fully armed along with 3 other people in my group. They NEVER asked me a thing except how my day was going.
I was not digging a hole but was collecting minerial samples maybe that was the difference or that I was armed to the teeth.
Good luck on you project.
Peg Leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread