DETECTING365 Free Online Magazine

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
e-Trac, F75, GTI 1350, other
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I apologize for being a newbie here. My name is Clark Rickman. I go by Hugo Borchardt.

I have launched Detecting365, a free online magazine for detecting enthusiasts. Lot of good information here for everyone from newbies to seasoned vets so I hope some of you will check it out. If you like it, please like us on Facebook or Twitter and visit often. New articles every single day.

Detecting 365 | Metal Detecting Magazine

Thanks for reading and I hope you come see us!

Clark Rickman
Editor-in-Chief
Detecting365.com
detecting365 responsive.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you ask..... All of those moving photos which really don't have much to do with metal detecting are distracting and unnecessary.

I spend the last 7 years of my working career for the Internet division of a major telco. During that time, I learned a whole lot about what works and doesn't work, when the whole idea is the need for repeat viewership. That is why my own web site is set up the way it is.

OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well you ask..... All of those moving photos which really don't have much to do with metal detecting are distracting and unnecessary.

I spend the last 7 years of my working career for the Internet division of a major telco. During that time, I learned a whole lot about what works and doesn't work, when the whole idea is the need for repeat viewership. That is why my own web site is set up the way it is.

Thanks, Alan! I appreciate your time!

Our website design is indeed unusual. Please keep in mind however that it is intended to be an online magazine, not a traditional website. We modeled our magazine's design after the top 10 online magazines (traffic, revenue) aimed at our demographic audience for the period 2011-2012.

I respect your opinion and do not necessarily disagree with you. As a new endeavor, we will have to undergo many adjustments to get everything right. I will check out your website and seriously share your comments with our team in the spirt of improvement.

Again thank you very much for your feedback and advice!

Clark

Last edited:

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Certainly not complaining about cleavages! I just don't notice much else when there is a cleavage that won't quit staring at my eyes!

OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New Articles Every Day! Todays new article is a recommended detecting exercise called the Easter Egg Hunt!

Detecting Exercise: Easter Egg Hunt | Detecting 365

Contributor information is now online. If you would like to write an article/s or share an existing blog post as an article in return for exposure, or you don't have a blog but would like to use ours, we need you!!! Please check out our Contributors page!

Become a Contributor to Detecting365! | Detecting 365

Thanks to everyone who has visited and helped us surpass our goal of 1000 unique visitors in our first week just 4 days in!

Best of luck on your next hunt!

Clark

OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New Today! Study: Missing the Easily Detected Target | Detecting 365

Please check out 25 ways an "easy" target might be missed by detectorists of various skill levels in the real world.

Thanks to Ron "Ozarks Detector" for joining Detecting365 as a contributor. The author of over 50 pieces on detecting, Ron is well-known in the community and runs the online metal detecting newspaper We Detect. Please check out his great review of the Fisher F2 on Detecting365.

We are celebrating our 100th social networking follower, just 5 days after launch. Thanks so much to everyone who has checked our site out, made recommendations, contributed, and have otherwise assisted our ongoing start-up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today we completed the 2 part series on identifying finds:
Identifying Your Unknown Finds Part II

We also welcome professional author and avid detectorist Derek Odom as a contributor. Derek is an incredible writer and we are honored and excited to have him.

Special thanks to TreasureNet for letting us post updates here. Hopefully someday soon we'll be an advertiser.

OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Proud to be a Writer/ Contributor on Detecting365!

OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
H

hugoborchardt

Aug 27, 2013
Franklin, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detecting365 celebrates our 365th follower by unveiling our new logo and branding.

Air Testing Your Metal Detector e-Trac numbers and F75 numbers Includes e-Trac and F75 charts!

Ozarks Detector on Metal Detecting Etiquette! Detecting Etiquette - Detecting365

Final testing on phase II complete. Hope to launch this weekend!

Thanks for reading!

d365 flag5 crop center.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions