Prospecting and detecting forum UK

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all
Name's Davy and I run the scottishgoldprospectors forum here in the UK with a subforum for those that detect.
Cheers
Davy

( link removed by mod)

Sorry Davy, but we do not allow members to post links to other competing websites...

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

OP
OP
R

Romps

Jan 2, 2014
UK
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, right, sorry.
It's not a metal detecting forum though. It's a gold prospecting forum.
Should I remove the link I have to this site from mine as well, I don't want to get any further into trouble. :BangHead:
I think some of my members are looking to register here you see.

Now something is very odd here forgive me for mentioning it.
I clicked on the link to put links in this area, if that makes sense; And some of the posts have links to forums that when clicked on take you there. So why was the link to my gold forum removed when other members links are live? I thought (according to the rules) that this was the place to stick a link to my personal forum??
Any help here please?
Cheers
Davy

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem in asking question about our rules.....

We have a gold prospecting forum as well... We do not allow links to competing forums. If the forums are not a competing forum then CM are allowed to post them, in other words members can not post a link to another metal detecting website, gold prospecting website, coin roll hunting site ect that we already have. Obviously some may have posted it and we havent caught them yet, but when caught it is edited out and they are warned....

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Romps

Jan 2, 2014
UK
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there mods or admin.
Can someone please close my account, as there seems to be rules that apply to certain members and not others for some reason.
It does say quite specifically in the links tag that one can put links to a site one owns and when I tried, I have been told I cannot.
I don't understand the logic here.
Thanks anyway for the replies.
Regards
Dave

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there mods or admin.
Can someone please close my account, as there seems to be rules that apply to certain members and not others for some reason.
It does say quite specifically in the links tag that one can put links to a site one owns and when I tried, I have been told I cannot.
I don't understand the logic here.
Thanks anyway for the replies.
Regards
Dave

I said members can't post links to competing websites of forums we have here...

You have a forum on skin diving, sky diving, post it we don't have one, you have a forum on metal detecting, gold mining, coin roll hunting or any of our other forums those are competing foruns.

You haven't sent one example of the people your talking about to a mod so we know what your referring to...

3%

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions