Who New that a Doritos Bag would Kill my Dog.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Good for a laugh, bit we are all sorry at the loss of a dog. They are special creatures.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give the poster a break, he lost his family pet and is trying to get it so this wont happen to anyone else. My dogs get i to stuff all the time and it drives me nuts, but they are dogs.
As far as losing the dog, its his family pet and most men would mourn the loss of a good dog more than the loss of their spouse.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a woman could spill hot coffee on herself, sue McDonald's and win, you have a case!

Sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

tcrew

Greenie
Oct 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give the poster a break, he lost his family pet and is trying to get it so this wont happen to anyone else. My dogs get i to stuff all the time and it drives me nuts, but they are dogs.
As far as losing the dog, its his family pet and most men would mourn the loss of a good dog more than the loss of their spouse.

Really? I hope that was a joke.

Of course it's sad that his dog died. But warning label mania is out of control. The dog could have died getting its head caught in ANY non-porous bag. The real message should have been "Don't leave your dog unattended." or, "Make sure you keep human food out of the reach of your dog." But that puts the responsibility for the death on the owner rather than Frito-Lay.

Last edited:

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II - AT Pro - Garrett 580 PP.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was just thinking... Doritos did almost kill my dog... One day he came walking into the living room with the frame of his doggy door around his waist...
After my daughter and I rolled on the floor laughing we removed it and immediately bought a larger door and diet control food.

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a cat with a chip bag on it's head run through a corral of horses, only to knock it's self silly on a fence post, I pulled the bag off and had a good laugh. It seemed to breath ok.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the loss of your dog. You can warn about and out law every thing, but people and pets will find a way to get into trouble, we are by nature curious and inventive.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am sorry about the loss of your dog. I just lost one a month ago and I still miss him.

BUT I agree with the others, a warning label is not needed. Dogs need to be supervised when playing with things that could cause trouble.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any warning is better than None...Just saving one other pet and it's a success, but the bag perforation is a better idea. I can't believe some of the replies, the man loses a pet and he get's ridiculed for trying to prevent, some one else losing one. Carry on with your campaign GoldenEagle .

SS

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any warning is better than None...Just saving one other pet and it's a success, but the bag perforation is a better idea. I can't believe some of the replies, the man loses a pet and he get's ridiculed for trying to prevent, some one else losing one. Carry on with your campaign GoldenEagle .

SS

I wasnt trying to be rude at all...Just practical.
And yes, if one animal is saved by ANYTHING..it would be a success...But a bag of Chips?...reallY?...So is this the problem the world is facing with Animal deaths?

LIke i mentioned before...If we all stop driving, it will saves 1000s of animals a year...So is that practical?...Or is having a bag of chips with perferated holes in them practical?

The whole reason people are replying the way they are, is because the campaign against Dortitos bags is ridiculous. Yes , its horrible he lost his dog in that manner, But its time to move on, and stop blaming Frito Lays Corp.

tcrew

Greenie
Oct 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SS
I'm pretty sure the perforated bag was a joke. The products inside would be stale in a matter of a couple of days; maybe hours.

As far as warning labels, if the OP had come in and said, "Who knew that a plastic (or mylar) bag over your dog's head could potentially suffocate it?" I think most everyone here would say, "Who didn't?".

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II - AT Pro - Garrett 580 PP.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is why we need smaller soda cups and chips... Had this been a single portion snack size bag this wouldn't of happened..

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why we need smaller soda cups and chips... Had this been a single portion snack size bag this wouldn't of happened..

hahah..Or at least perforated cups :laughing7:

The truth is....Warning labels dont mean SHIIII To people....Cigerates have warning labels...People still smoke

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I have read similar stories before. I guess we all think that with their sharp teeth they could just tear their way out if a bag got stuck on them and this is not the case. We certainly need owner education that pets can suffocate on any bag and that they should be stored and disposed of accordingly.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
the man loses a pet and he get's ridiculed for trying to prevent

The way I see it is,if you want to prevent something like that happening,keep plastic bags away from pets.Are you going to leave your one year old kid,on your bed unattended, next to a empty garbage bag,grocery bag,etc.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasnt trying to be rude at all...Just practical.
And yes, if one animal is saved by ANYTHING..it would be a success...But a bag of Chips?...reallY?...So is this the problem the world is facing with Animal deaths?

LIke i mentioned before...If we all stop driving, it will saves 1000s of animals a year...So is that practical?...Or is having a bag of chips with perferated holes in them practical?

The whole reason people are replying the way they are, is because the campaign against Dortitos bags is ridiculous. Yes , its horrible he lost his dog in that manner, But its time to move on, and stop blaming Frito Lays Corp.
I don't believe I quoted you, and what could do any harm by putting a simple warning logo on the bag, it's not as if they can't afford it.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry for the loss.

nothen worst than that

dam tastes buds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions