daaveglance

Greenie
Jun 9, 2013
davao city
Detector(s) used
lrl rod/gold sticks.pendulom
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be in Philippines for 1 month soon on business then travelling to Europe with my detector which i will bring with me. Its a minelab excal so im also interested in any metal detecting possibilities while im in Phils. Is it legal to metal detect parks and beaches there? Any help or advice appreciated.
thanks
here in panacan at the naval phil.army site just tx or call my no.09194692441

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries mate. Detect all you want. No permit needed.

I'll be in Philippines for 1 month soon on business then travelling to Europe with my detector which i will bring with me. Its a minelab excal so im also interested in any metal detecting possibilities while im in Phils. Is it legal to metal detect parks and beaches there? Any help or advice appreciated.
thanks

jacksingh

Aug 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mekong. I am a beginner and i need to know which metal detector should i buy and where to start relic hunting, i am fond of anything related to world war 2. I cant wait to start relic hunting.

jacksingh

Aug 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Vicrocs. I am a beginner and im just wondering if you could help which metal detector to buy as i am about to buy one to retrieve artifacts related to world war 2. And locations where i can do relic hunting. I just want to do it as i have a passion to search and understand that war.thank you

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent 3 years in the PI. Cebu is probably the BEST has the best area beaches. Lots of tourists and locals... japanese and chinese galore. and those chinese love their 22K and 24K jewelry. good luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beaches in Cebu are absolutely beautiful, divers from all over the world go there to dive. Been there couple times myself. Plan to go back next year...

Silveraden

Greenie
Aug 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yamashita Treasure is just a myth. I am wondering why people who claim to have several sites are still digging after years and years of searching? I've been metal detecting for years and not targeting tons of gold but my collectible finds bought me several cars and a house. Should I dream of finding a yamashita treasure too? I think not.

My father who was a WW2 army captain and veteran always laughed when this issue was discussed by treasure hunters who are living in dreams...

Kahit yong natural signs napagkakamalang Japanese signs.. lol

Metal detecting is a hobby and is very enjoyable yet rewarding.

Treasure hunting can make any person crazy... and broke..

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vicrocs,

you are not helping the poor if you milk money from them. I understand that you are making a living out of detecting the site for others. I could have understand that you are helping the poor if you just have your transportation and lodging be reimbursed by them. but apart from that, you also charge detection fee. is that a way of helping the poor? or are you helping them become poorer

if your detection is really effective, why cannot you present a single bar?if you can say honestly that you have recovered a single bar from your detection and post a pic of it, I will rest my case.

I am only concerned of those who bet their fortune and future because you said your detection is effective. if you don't charge your clients except for the transportation fee and food (which is quite a fortune already), I will really commend you for your charity.

Last edited:

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just like any medicinal drugs in the market, before you commercialize the said medicine, you must test it in animals for positive results. once it yielded any trace of positive results, it is tested on monkeys (our closest relatives). to test it on humans would be utterly and morally irresponsible. once successful, the said medicines will be tested once more with the food and drugs board , or any government regulation agency to see if the private claim is really true. once given the approval by the said government agency, the said medicine will now be ready for commercialization and distribution in the market. periodically, actual results to humans will be checked and regulated to see any harmful side effects. once it has been tested through time, the one who formulated and discovered the medicine can now claim success and vouch for its effectiveness . the single reason why it can claim success for its effectiveness because it has proof and there are actual results.

in detecting a yamashita treasure, before you can say your way of detection is effective, you must present proof and positive finds. to say that your detection is so effective that it can help the one who paid you detection money retrieve the treasure is irresponsible if you have not retrieved any treasures yet. talk is cheap if you always say that you have already retrieved a treasure without any proof. you have already visited sites, maybe a hundred sites all over the Philippines and where is the proof after so many years?

which is more helping the poor, claiming your detection is so effective that warrants the one who will gullibly rely on the effectiveness of your detection to dole out their limited and precious money for your professional detection fee , knowing at the back of your mind that he had not retrieved any treasures yet or knowing that he cannot present proof of success for your claim, or the one who does not claim that he can help the poor get the yamashita treasure?

what I am only saying here is this, when someone spends their hard earned money for your detection , that person expects that he can help you locate and retrieve the treasure. your customer is not playing here. he expects results and not any good to hear stories of your detection escapades all over the Philippines. so when you claim your detection is effective and it does not yield any results, that is misrepresentation . I think that alone does not help the poor but making the poor become poorer.

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SILVERADEN SAID:

"Yamashita
Treasure is just a myth. I am wondering why people who claim to have several sites are still digging after years and years of searching? I've been metal detecting for years and not targeting tons of gold but my collectible finds bought me several cars and a house. Should I dream of finding a yamashita treasure too? I think not.

My father who was a WW2 army captain and veteran always laughed when this issue was discussed by treasure hunters who are living in dreams...

Kahit yong natural signs napagkakamalang Japanese signs.. lol

Metal detecting is a hobby and is very enjoyable yet rewarding.

Treasure hunting can make any person crazy... and broke.. "

i agree with silveraden that treasure hunting for the yamashita treasure can make you broke. i could not agree more. i believe in this conclusion because i was one of those who became broke.

but i dont agree with him when he said that yamashita treasure is only a myth. it is not a myth. i was able to encounter 3 cement vaults. one had a sliding mechanism and it slide after 3 days of constant pounding with an impact drill. the other one, we were ejected by the owner after seeing the treasure vault tilting from one side to another. the 3rd one, i was not able to see but the workers down there swore there was a huge room down there with so many backfilled earth or sands. the last one, i was able to enter the huge cement vault.but i cannot see the treasure inside. we were able to clear only 10-20% of the room and there was much more. the cement vault is made of something that even a powerful jackhammer cannot break. i wonder what was that cement vault made of. i became broke after clearing 10-20%of the huge room without finding anything. but who on earth would make a huge room with indestructible wall down 22 feet under?

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not making excuses but we failed on that one. and I will never venture into treasure hunting for the yamashita treasure again. im already broke and I think only the Japanese or those who have info can recover it. Filipinos might have a hard time dealing with it. but I have learned one valuable lesson after those so many treasure hunting escapades. first is, it is difficult to locate a treasure vault. and second is it is more difficult to retrieve the treasure. it is laden with sliding mechanism and other traps. and there are several boxes out there with no content. 3rd, it is more doubly difficult when you don't have a scanner or a detector in the first place. but drilling and dowsing can have wonderful results. only wonderful to tell, but sadly enough, it is not enough to be successful in treasure hunting.

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pics of a cementlike structure 22 feet down under.

Last edited:

Silveraden

Greenie
Aug 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is not cement. That is natural solid rock. I encountered a lot of that thing before during my treasure hunting years. There are a lot of natural unexplainable things underground but to call everything a yamashita treasure vault does not make any sense. Here is a very good article from a former treasure hunter and a successful metal detectorist.

Yamashita Treasure: Legend or Not?

Last edited:

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a rock can be destroyed by an ordinary jackhammer. that cement wall cannot be penetrated even by a powerful jackhammer. we used an 8000 rpm angle grinder, painstakingly making a crisscross before hitting it with a jackhammer. it took us 3 months of 8 hours work before we even made a very tiny hole. the wall was two feet thick.

it is easy for you not to believe because you were not there. why don't we make a bet. you come down here. let us hire a geologist. let us bet on a 100,000 pesos, Philippine currency bet. if that is a natural rock as certified by a geologist , private and public, I will pay you. but if that geologists from the private agency and public or government agency tells you that it is not a natural rock, you pay me also. all you do is doubting even without looking at the evidence.

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a natural rock has no hollow portion at the center. a rock has no 2 feet thick wall. a rock does not have a hollow room inside. a rock does not have a rip rap made of stone and a very hard sand as a backfilled material inside of it.

Last edited:

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yamashita Treasure: Legend or Real? | Sirang Plaka Daily Life Blog
the site said:
So the main question remain unanswered. Does Yamashita Treasure do really exist?
In my personal point of view as an experienced metal detectorist who is not aiming for Yamashita Treasure but rather valuable things like old coins, relics, and most often gold and silver rings, I don’t believe that Yamashita Treasure is real.

that is his opinion. as I have said, Japanese yamashita treasure are not capable of being detected by an ordinary metal detector, more so from western detectors. the reason is not simple. the items are laden with anti detectors that looks like a small rock but has different compositions. that is why I have always said in this forum that metal detectors are ineffective when it comes to Japanese yam treasure.

But I give up on this yam treasure also. I always believe that only the Japanese and Americans can retrieve these treasures. Filipinos cannot get it with their limited knowledge about it. for those with unlimited resources and money to burn, they can research on that one. but certainly, I don't want nothing to do about it. Those items are too hot too handle. it is way better than walking away from it and have a peaceful life away from it.

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im not saying it cannot be located with our current technology.it can be located not by a metal detector but by other equipments. the anti detectors protect the item by repelling any detection from the protected area. by repelling it, the metal detector is being misled to the decoy materials which are located opposite the item, several meters away from the real items. several feet or meters can make a huge difference when you dig manually.

that is the single reason why western metal detectorist cannot find items. they refuse to believe by being so over-reliant to their technology.

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you believe what you want. I am not here to make you believe what I have said. even that cement like structure, you said it was a natural rock. you must be blind. why don't we bet if it is a natural rock or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions