Would a Gemini III perform well in the Philippines?

Myres

Jul 5, 2011
Baguio City
Detector(s) used
LRL (Ha ha!)
Hi guys. Sort of new here and I would like to hear of your experiences with the use of the two-box detector Gemini III? A friend was recommending it but I would like to be sure after purchasing a long range locator called the PPL Treasure Finder from Fitzgeralds. It cost me more than P65,000 and I would not like to commit another mistake. Thanks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Myres said:
Hi guys. Sort of new here and I would like to hear of your experiences with the use of the two-box detector Gemini III? A friend was recommending it but I would like to be sure after purchasing a long range locator called the PPL Treasure Finder from Fitzgeralds. It cost me more than P65,000 and I would not like to commit another mistake. Thanks!

Myers, Welcome to TreasureNet.....

Depending on what the exchange rate was at the time of buying it, that is approx $1600.00 for the Treasure Finder, what made you buy it? Did you search for reviews before spending that kind of money....?

What are you trying to search for??? If your searching for large, deep objects or ore veins then you should be okay........A lot better off than you were with the Treasure Finder :wink:...

OP
OP
Myres

Myres

Jul 5, 2011
Baguio City
Detector(s) used
LRL (Ha ha!)
Hello there Treasure Hunter. Thanks for your quick reply. I guess I got taken in by the advertisements in Fitzgerald's website. Anyway, am still hoping that the PPL Treasure Finder will somehow work. Well, we are hunting for gold bars buried by fleeing Japanese soldiers, taken from the local mines in our place. There were accidental recoveries, about ten of them, along the road so there is proof that small caches have been planted in shallow locations, not more than six feet deep.
The Gemini 3 is available in the Philippines so we'd have no trouble acquiring one in a jiffy unlike the Treasure Finder which was held hostage by the Customs at the Post Office for some weeks before we were able to retrieve it after paying 'taxes'.
Your comment is encouraging so perhaps we will purchase it very soon.
I did see an advertisement of a locally made Ground Resistivity machine but I am at a loss as to its capability. I do have some experience with Fitzgerald's Mother Lode Locator and it seems effective enough but for the price of almost $3,000 which is not quite easy to come up with.
Thanks for the advice. Do throw in some more tips. Am obliged!

bga78

Jul 31, 2008
Detector(s) used
goldgun, gemini 3, GMT, Raytech laser
sure it will work fine, but the balancing process is tricky.

OP
OP
Myres

Myres

Jul 5, 2011
Baguio City
Detector(s) used
LRL (Ha ha!)
Thank you guys. As I continue to research, it seems that a ground resistivity meter or a pulse induction instrument would be better. A friend says the Gemini III is a high frequency detector so it would be bothered by high mineralization. Some of our sites are quite rocky and I seem to anticipate a problem with the Gemini III. :dontknow:

bovic32

Greenie
Aug 30, 2010
Myres said:
Thank you guys. As I continue to research, it seems that a ground resistivity meter or a pulse induction instrument would be better. A friend says the Gemini III is a high frequency detector so it would be bothered by high mineralization. Some of our sites are quite rocky and I seem to anticipate a problem with the Gemini III. :dontknow:
Friend, one of the manufacturer advice me to acquire GTI 2500 with treasure hound eagle eye for treasure depth at about 18-20ft. is this Gemini III can reach at that depth?They told me much better if you use low frequency detector for an accurate detection.Is it true?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bovic32 said:
Myres said:
Friend, one of the manufacturer advice me to acquire GTI 2500 with treasure hound eagle eye for treasure depth at about 18-20ft. is this Gemini III can reach at that depth?They told me much better if you use low frequency detector for an accurate detection.Is it true?

A Garrett GTI 2500 detecting at 18-20 ft, only if your looking for a 55 gallon drum full of meta,l at 20 foot it will need to be a car, truck or tank... What are you looking for, most detectors will see very large objects that deep, but not something small..... It will not see a single gold bar that deep...............

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi,
I use a discovery TF-900 2box, easy to ground balance in the philippines and would find a 2x4 metal object at 4 ft, i have no experience with the gemini but i heard it is hard to ground balance in mineralized soil. hope this helps.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Gemini 3 detector. You need to keep it level with the ground once tuned. It can find long narrow metal objects such as 3/4 copper tube, which should make possible to find gun barrels. If needed to use the the Gemini 3 on a slope, walk so both box ends are same distance from the ground or in a cross-direction not going up, down. In tuning, hold the detector the same distance from the ground as you would when searching.

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advise to anyone new to a metal detector is PRACTICE and practice some more. Inhad mine for ten years n I practice every time I can. Bury a soda can n see if you can detected it. Then try something bigger. Then try the strap. PRACTICE.

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal detectors are valuable and effective in finding coins and jewelries lost in beachsands. But don't expect to find a yam treasure using your metal detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread