tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
View attachment 1188041 View attachment 1188040 View attachment 1188042
head turtle center position facing on big foot
while big turtle engraving sign of IV

any idea of this marker?

If you'd ask me and I was in stupor after a couple of beers I'd most probably say," Hey! If that circle is the ONE, then the square topped with an arch is the adit's portal. And it's been obliterated. Your site is a slope, right? Do the rest-- it's
mostly math."

And the silent Magi will say, "nice try, kid". Yeah, turtles and streams..

tabu

Last edited:

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I might as well take another potshot at the no-comment Magi and who knows I might hit one of them in the head and finally get to hear some words of wisdom (or most likely profanities). I would suggest leaving the hilltop or the ridge if that is where the sloping ground leads to and focus on the swath of earth between the turtle signs and the streams below. Who knows one might stumble on some well-defined and discrete "geological" unconformities of very recent origin a.k.a. WWII diggings smoothed over by tropical erosion and overgrown with weeds.

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sir tabu, can you rephrase your words into more understandable and precise language? please be simple and concise. we don't know exactly what you are talking about if you use figurative languages and high-falutin/fancy words.

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Greetings, sir renantagum30,

Your suggestion is very well taken. And I appreciate your concern. To be honest and frank about it, I'm precisely, simply and concisely CLUELESS until now about how to go about helping solve Joshua's problem. The JIA signs are so typical Oriental Esoterica-- full of un-Western sophisticated figurative connotations and allusions or in other words, replete with hi-falutin/fancy symbolism.

For now, I might as well paraphrase the Magi's imagined comment: "DON'T SWEAT THE BORING STUFF!".

Regards,

tabu

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Regarding the Yamashita and other treasures, I'll say it once more:

The Art of Deception is intertwined with the Science of Concealment. And the Science of Recovery hinges on the correct interpretation of the tangible or physical manifestations of the Art such as code maps, signs and symbols engraved in stones, etc.

Knowing is good. Understanding what one knows is better. But the realization of what one has understood is best. Unless Lady Luck is on your side 100 per cent of the time when you foray into the field, start getting used to picking the brains of the dead invaders no matter how tedious and how steep the learning curve.

But always bear in mind Einstein's words lest you fly off the ground: "The only difference between stupidity and genius is that the latter has it's limits".

ironhid3

Greenie
Aug 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pm me josh. I think we can help you w/ your delemma

xedrickson

Aug 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody be able to interpret this marking, I found it beneath a hill, at the top is an old tamarind tree. 20150807_231119.jpg 20150807_231119.jpg

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
1. Are the so-called markings photographs or sketches copied from the original?

2. Can you provide photos of the hillside, hilltop and the old tamarind tree?

If the answer is YES to Q1 and Q2 then readers might be more encouraged to "dip their fingers in the pie".

Understandably, the sharing of mere tidbits of information among Treasurenet-IZENS is like a poker game...

Last edited:

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
1. Are the so-called markings photographs or sketches copied from the original?

2. Can you provide photos of the hillside, hilltop and the old tamarind tree?

If the answer is YES to Q1 and Q2 then readers might be more encouraged to "dip their fingers in the pie".

Understandably, the sharing of mere tidbits of information among Treasurenet-IZENS is like a poker game...

O.K. We might as well play a round (the greatest enemy of kibitzers is not fatigue but boredom). After all, the majority of us are in the dark considering the meager data at hand.

If the three short scratch marks on the right lower part of the drawing (of unconfirmed veracity re WWII JIA vintage) represent the old (but how old, really) tamarind tree then the long linear pen marks on the left mid-portion suggest a gentle slope (or the contrary). That will make the crudely sketched triangle (hopefully my favorite equilateral) somewhere on the hilltop waiting for the intrepid TH'er (i.e., couldn't care less if it's all bulls--t) to search for the other two presumed landmarks (half-buried boulder, termite mound, cluster of rocks of assorted sizes, burned-out pit from an old bonfire, or whatever) aside from the tamarind. Then, no need for higher math. Arithmetic will do.

Who's turn to deal?

Last edited:

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Josh,

Why don't you solicit the opinion of other readers who are following your adventure and also are quite interested in the treasure hunt. Until now, I'm still waiting for the Magi (the real experts) to share their long anticipated views with us.

In the meantime, just do some casual probing with either one of the turtles as a starting point and going outwards concentrically. Who knows-- you might stumble on to something worth looking into more closely.

Just keep you fingers crossed-- that there's really something of immense value like gold bars left behind by the Japanese Imperial Army. And pray that Gen. Suzuki didn't have a change of mind and instead brought the loot with him to Leyte and only to hastily abandon it somewhere in the battlegrounds of Carigara.

Last edited:

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I would suggest leaving the hilltop or the ridge if that is where the sloping ground leads to and focus on the swath of earth between the turtle signs and the streams below.

where to focus bro tabu:
1. turtle 1 on the creek

View attachment 1200852

turtle 2:
View attachment 1200853

Again, it's REALITY versus PERCEPTION OF REALITY.

Read or re-read the ancient Sufi tale of The Elephant and the Six Blind Beggars. If WHAT YOU'RE SEARCHING FOR is the Elephant, then ALL OF US SEARCHERS are the Six Blind Beggars.. Just a light-hearted, impertinent take on the parable with the much deeper philosophical implication.

My apologies for diving again into the "hi-falutin/fancy" waters again for want of saying anything more specific with regards to your query.

Last edited:

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Xedrickson,

Any news? Everyone is waiting for your progress report regarding the sign, the hill and the tamarind tree. From experience, the intersection of the three angles (or the three landmarks if found) is not necessarily the treasure site. The site can be in any of the three corners.

If my interpretation of the sign you found is wrong, it is because I'm simply guessing ( hallucinating is more appropriate!). Just don't get struck down by lightning by staying on the hilltop more often than necessary.

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is a very dangerous activity. you are just guessing and yet the people who depend on your guess is spending thousands and hundreds of thousands of money . you should have told him about that earlier that you were only guessing, because it looked like you sounded or you claimed like an expert few threads ago.

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sir renantagum30,

What is being said here are strictly personal, hence, biased comments. These comments are not excerpts from a genuine Japanese imperial handbook on treasure concealment and recovery. Sir Staffhaws who started this thread and has spent millions searching for the Yamashita Eldorado has never lost his cool and I suspect won't even hesitate to share a few laughs at his own expense with his friends over his adventures and misadventures.
I'd wish everyone who stumbles across this thread would not read only but read between the lines in the spirit of fun. In the meanwhile I'll take a vacation, keep off the grass or
else be butted by a cantankerous billy goat, again.

The force of gravity get a little bit stronger as one dig deeper into the ground (go ask any physicist worth his PhD) in direct proportion to the digger's exponential loss of equanimity.

Keeping one's sanity in this business is more of an art than a science. After spending the whole day wallowing in the muck inside a flooded hole one has to chill-out. A highly recommended movie to watch (who cares to read books on weekends?): ANGER MANAGEMENT with Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler. Grab a pirated DVD copy from a hawker on most downtown sidewalks here in Mindanao or wherever you are in the
Philippines.

Last edited:

markk

Greenie
Aug 28, 2011
Joshua Where are you located? I can help you I can find the location of your treasure with a Photos and my equipment. I am located in Davao
I will need 10,000 pesos for my services. You will end with exactly where you need to dig!
[email protected]

markk

Greenie
Aug 28, 2011
Where are you located? I can help you I can find the location of your treasure with a Photos and my equipment. I am located in Davao
I will need 10,000 pesos for my services. You will end with exactly where you need to dig!
[email protected]

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It's a good thing that a Treasurenet member is solicitous enough to extend a much needed helping hand in solving Joshua's problem. Any "unconfidential" update on your search, Josh?

By the way, I have some comments with regards to Stone Markers in general whether they're genuine, plain deception, fake or has nothing to do with Yamashita treasure. In our place or area the average treasure hunter cannot resist the temptation of dislocating, removing or destroying stone markers.Stones are broken up with sledgehammer and scattered and bigger ones like boulders are demolished using explosives in the hope finding something concealed inside like a bar of gold, jewelry or precious stones. Some do find something of value if the said stone or boulder is man-made, I.e., concrete. However, in the long run the destruction and consequent disappearance of vital landmarks or physical clues needing only correct interpretation are lost forever. Hence, Yamashita treasure hunting will be the exclusive domain of professionals with the appropriate technology and financial support to the disadvantage of the ordinary seeker whose only tool is a spade or crowbar and other not-so-high-tech implement. I hope everyone should be more mindful and not mindless destroyers of these "historical markers". No to Vandalism!

Last edited:

yamazues

Feb 18, 2014
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen Tabu....and so correct. Most people breaking open a big stone because it's a heart shape or something are only destroying vital markers. Since most Yamashita deposits are booby trapped to fall deep down underground river fissure cracks never to be seen again if excavated improperly, even use of heavy equipment and high tech detectors are a waste of money and time without proper knowledge of what is there, where entrance is and booby traps all spelled out by stone shapes or maps carved or acid etched into big rocks.

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hear Ye All Ye Stone Breakers! Sir Yamazues has succinctly said it all. So I have an alibi to play my broken record again. If all the sign stones and boulders are reduced to aggregate size for cement slurry mix, how are we to:

Separate the "chaff from the grain", distinguish the art of deception from the science of concealment, true perspective from don't-think-about-it-just-dig, etcetera?

A heart stone can be a "decoy", a genuine marker or a mindless work of art by a homesick or lovelorn JIA soldier. But its historical significance cannot be put aside, at least for the people in the area who survived the hardship and brutality of the war. It has been said that the beginning of the end of war lies in Remembrance.

In Afghanistan, the Taliban ruled supreme briefly. They were fanatic fundamentalist who fought bravely and fiercely and succeeded. But sadly, they inflicted irreplaceable damage to the country. Culturally-important landmarks, buildings and ruins of past ancient civilizations were destroyed or reduced to rubble.

Nobody in his right mind would want to be like them-- breakers, effacers, zappers of human memory written in stone.

Last edited:

yamazues

Feb 18, 2014
Philippines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pink means poisons so be careful. Looks like a 2 and a line meaning your tunnel will be shaped like a formal 2. The line shows entry direction. Don't let cement deter you. Ones who follow dirt will mostly never find anything. Be careful with 2 shaped tunnel because in my experiences they have went down through bomb wire areas. Since markers look so natural, you need to confirm them by additional markers going direction indicated. Most likely is 90 degrees off of line marker under 2. Good luck and be careful. Take medicines in advance for poison precautions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread