Treasure signs in Mindanao. Looking for more opinions.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
i guess mdcLXVI is not a treasure hunter in real practice. i have encountered 6 bombs that shook the ground within 20 meters radius. 3 in 2013, 3 in 2016. .....

renantagum30 : Are you aware that many many countries also have this problem of unexploded ordnance? That exist from past wars. They find dangerous unexploded bombs in Germany, England, Russia, Afghanistan etc...

Heck: Even here in the USA, there are Civil War site metal detector enthusiasts who find a civil war era land mines. One of them took a few home as a curiosity relics. Of which one went off and killed the guy while he was unloading it from his truck . (Yes, it can still be live after all those years).

And there can be dangerous explosives in civilian non-war scenarios too. Two examples:

1) A guy I know found a hand grenade, buried a few inches below the surface, at a wooded area of a park in San Francisco. At first, he didn't know what it was (it was caked up with dirt). So he start hitting on it with his digger tool, to knock the mud and dirt off. When he realized what it was, he dropped it and ran ! Called the police, who called out the bomb squad. Turns out it was real grenade! Probably brought back by a returning soldier from some past conflict ? Who knows how it got there.

2) I live 18 miles away from Fort Ord, CA. There was decades and decade of army training grounds there (WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc...). Finally, the base closed down in the early 1990s. And the government had to clean up all those bomb practice ranges. Of course, most is all just exploded practice rounds. But they did indeed discover live ones . That for whatever reason hadn't gone off during practice, etc...

THUS: Since other countries all over the earth have unexploded ordnance problems. And can have NOTHING to do with "treasures".

Thus mdcLXVI is doing a good service , by pointing out some logical fallacies . And he's doing it as someone from within your own ranks of folks from your side of globe, culture, etc... A voice of fresh air.

Sure, treasures can exist. But on the other hand, it's possible to go overboard with conspiracies, booby traps, cryptogram clues, legends, etc.... A lot of that stuff has innocuous normal explanations, and does not necessarily mean "treasure".

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
RENANTAGUM 30 if your trying to insult me dont even go there ive been fare with what u have said in the past ... show me in written history proof that the japanese soldiers had gas in negros ....if u dont believe me then go ask felix in valencia at the war museum if him and his father even found any ... the gas was made in china and used in china only ....u ever hear of any war stories in bataan , manila of soldiers being gassed no never ...did they use it at the invation of leyte no NEVER ... and bombs i dont know your area but most likely what your talking about i call firecrackers and u not getting killed means they were of small size ...all the bombs that i seen up close are 1000 lbs that contain 200 pounds of tnt dropped by corsaries from carriers ...i know more about the war then u ever know ...and if think most japanese made bombs would still work after being in a rain forest for more then 70 years your not using your brain .. there ammo sometimes didnt work even after one year because it had no waterproofing around the primer and bullet like usa ammo ...u better stop watching hollywood movies remember mamasupan massacre those m79 grenades didnt work for those 44 soldiers ...well they were made in the 1960s in the usa not 1930 like most of the japanese stuff ....when i find treasure u be the first to know and u eat your words

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
by the way what u said about smelling gas at a site ....if it was poison gas u would been dead or sick for months then died ....i was tested in a chamber with non poison gas and i was on the ground instantly coughing which lasted 2 weeks ...what u smelled wasnt poison gas your choking way before u ever smell anything .... your mind its been seeded with stupid treasure thoughts ...the japanese were honorable soldiers fighting a offensive war not like the coward enemy yes they carried gas masks but show me one empty porcelain cylinder ( thats what the poison gas was stored in ) if i remember the type of gas that they used made in china it couldnt be held in steel tank to corrosive ....so if your not sure of something do some real research before u listen to stupid hype

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
remember i live in this "ITS A MAD HOUSE" and i try to be nice and i seen to much stupid deaths in my life time ....am here to help and my only hobby left is treasure hunting ...i wish renantagum 30 and many other treasure hunters find there dream treasure ....its a fact that all the real finds i seen in the news theres no booby traps , no water traps , no body dug down 100 feet with the water table at 8 feet , no body carries equipment thru countless miles of mountainous terrain and 100 tons of gold at the same time ... so if they stop and think and use there brain all the time they have wasted on lies maybe they would of found treasure ...its even possible ive only wasted my time to ...i hope that only by accident of war and one major naval battle that i get lucky ....in the 1000 square mile area i search in theres thousands of stories we all know that 99.99% can't be true but some people need a sense of believing even when the facts don't add up

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.....theres thousands of stories we all know that 99.99% can't be true.....

You know what's funny, is that they would actually agree with you about this point. HOWEVER: they would all say that Their particular story IS the .001% that is the true one. And that , sure, all the others are the false ones.

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you believe that bombs and water traps and gas traps are just scams, i also believe you are wrong. that is my belief and i am entitled to my belief.

i have been encountering bombs before i was able to break open a cement room that has a wall as thick as 2 feet last 2013. 3 times in 2013 and 3 times in 2016.

the water trap are so common before a septic tank or concrete vault slides.. you try to lift it with a backhoe, and the backhoe cannot even lift the cconcrete vault . after that, it will slide. all of them. once, the backhoe fell down on the pit, but the side of the hole where the concrete vault slided was not big enough to carry the backhoe on the side. only the septic tank vault went to the side of the hole.the backhoe just fell on the pit but the cables that was attached to the concrete vault snapped. the site is in panabo. the water trap facilitated the sliding of the concrete vault as it moistiourizes and liquifies the foundation of the structure that holds the concrete vault.

i have been trying to recover that for more than 20 times. all of it slided. i tried a cement room that has a 2 feet thick wall. i found nothing. im just saying that you are trying to discredit that bomb traps, water traps and gas traps are not real. they are real, having been there when it exploded, when the water trap flooded the hole. the gas i mentioned was something that made the oder of the pit at 36-56 feet room so pungent . we already smelled the pungent odor from afar when we were already at the top ....

it does not mean that gas trap, bomb trap and water trap are not real because you have not encountered bomb traps, water traps and gas traps . that is just my point. they are real even if you have not encountered them. i was just trying to disprove your statement that those bomb , water trap, and gas trap are scams. they are real .

Attachments

• sliding vault 2.JPG
    sliding vault 2.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 1476205_10201245630042654_1284120138_n.jpg
    1476205_10201245630042654_1284120138_n.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 1484095_10201269967331071_1876638794_n.jpg
    1484095_10201269967331071_1876638794_n.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cement

cement.. unbreakable by a jackhammer

Attachments

• new.JPG
    new.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 1511614_10201370300039326_1628233699_n.jpg
    1511614_10201370300039326_1628233699_n.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 102

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
if you believe that bombs and water traps and gas traps are just scams,....

rebabtagyn30, I admire your enthusiasm. And I respect your willingness to enter this dialogue, instead of just only-with persons who agree with you. Since: The only way a person challenges their own self to learn more, is to look at what those-that-disagree say. Thus you have been more than fair.

I want to address the "... just scams...." part of what you are saying : We are not saying they are "scams". Scams seem to imply that you are lying, or making it up, or that they were put there later to lend to a treasure scheme, etc....

For sake of discussion, I will grant that you have encountered live ordnance. Ok ? Thus "not a scam". Ok ? But you haven't addressed my post #21 where I pointed out to you that : SO TOO does unexploded ordnance exist at scores of places around planet earth. At places that, I'm sure you would agree, have nothing to do with "treasure". Any place that wars and battles have occured, has the same potential problem: England, Germany, Russia, Afghanistan, etc... And even in the USA, a CW landmine exploded and killed an md'r who found & dug it up (the numbskull was trying to take it home as a collectible novelty).

Ok ?

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
A UXB is not a booby trap ....your living proof that it wasn't a booby trap..... a real booby trap would of killed the person who tripped it ( no one died so it wasn't a booby trap ) ....your water trap is plain old ground water table ......everything u show in these photos is normal war time construction for war ....one look an i know all what u found is a total waste of time ....u really think that the japanese would be that stupid and waste all those war materials and time to bury gold ( use your brain gold doesn't need a vault ) ...they built that to protect there gear or there soldiers .... i guess u have no understanding of real war ....well the little info i remember of your area usa victor 5 fought 50,000 soldiers there ....now use your mind u have 50,000 soldiers that could dig down 500 feet with no trouble y would waste time and war materials for a vault ...Roxas hand dug the rocks out in the baguio mine shaft ...don't u think theres mine pits or shafts in that area your in ...maybe the gold was stored in those bunkers u found and moved ...the last place the japanese would hid a treasure is in a bunker that could be remember by the locals ...remember ROXAS remember the mine shaft and the map was from from camp Holmes where the book of maps was keep by Yamashita .. if i was u try to find out the exact troop movement before the victor 5 battle ...i hope in your case there was a book of map story to back up if there was gold in the first place ...good luck and sorry to see u wasted lots of money and time

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
i did a 5 minute of research into the victor 5 battle ....sorry for laughing ....what u found has totally nothing to due with treasure its a defensive bunker ....if u like to just look up Battle of Mindanao in wikipedia ...they were built in the davao area .... this is as stupid as the 3 guys who died for a spoon they found a few weeks ago ....what i wrote earlier is wrong after now knowing this was a defensive bunker there was never any treasure stored there wrong time period ...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
........what u found has totally nothing to due with treasure its a defensive bunker .......

Ha. I can't *possibly* imagine there's any more plausible explanations other than "treasure". Good job.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
tom u know i knew the stores of corregidor from joe gardino who fought and then was marched in the bataan death ...the usa build those defensive bunkers i think in 1909 part of my family was in luzon working on the most famous resort in the world once he finished his work on the highway to baguio ...i forget if Taft stayed at the resort he might of stayed at the burnham ...but i know that Yamashita was living there in 1945 after they moved all the POWS out ...but what am getting at....i once listened to the story of these bunkers filled with gold a few years ago not knowing they were in davao ...i was thinking it was luzon maybe corregidor ( flash back 40 years ago to joes stories) ...ive dont know much about davao never been there ....but after only 5 minutes of reading am still laughing ...once leyte gulf battle ended say oct 26 1944 davao was totally cut off ...orders were given to form a defense for invasion and this bunker a secondary defensive bunker ....and another order was to booby trap the landing areas ..so tom your theory is 100% proven now ...one area of the war totally different then the rest ...one story of war lead to all treasure is booby trapped .....Negros is famous for Kamikaze this has been the best laugh of the year for me ....next time am on the beach am watching for japanese zeros.... legend has it they protect the treasure

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Renantugan 30 .....do u see what 5 minutes of research could of saved u ...that bunker was built when there was no shipping ,,,which 100% means no possible gold ....and the booby trap were used for war to stop a invasion at the landing areas .. thats from orders of the japanese ...in davao they had time to get ready for invasion thats y there tactics used are different then other sites in the philippines ....and if u still don't believe show me one real treasure that was in the news that was booby trapped ...theres been many found in churches ,schools , bridges , road side , Roxas , caves ...no booby traps ... what i seen on the forums is 100% fake scams ... this is the only forum thats honest ...one am not going to name others but one is so phoney its a joke total scam ...

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
renantugan ... on the subject of poison gas in the philippines i looked at some of my notes ...its possible mustard gas was stored in the philippines in luzon made by the usa but was dumped in manila bay ...no accounts of soldiers killed by poison gas... don't remember any war crimes mentioning poison gas ....chemical weapons were used in china ....its possible the one japanese ship from china that was sunk with posion gas cylinders my guess was heading for southern philippines ...after going over my notes the usa had plans on using chemical weapons on japan if russia invaded japan .. i guess the japanese had good reason to carry gas masks because in my notes there were mustard gas bombs on some US ships ....i don't remember any american soldiers that i knew ever mention using gas mask in the philippines ...i could be wrong but i believe its all just treasure hype scams which i see used in other forums ... over 3 years of war no mention of gas..... but ever treasure is booby trapped in forums

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MDCLXVI, you're doing an excellent job. But regarding the pro/con @ "whether or not mustard gas" was used/existed at a certain place & time: Don't get sucked into the "wack-a-mole" game. Where 20 pages of historical debate ensue about some minor detail of the narrative. Because, let's just say for a moment that someone can-indeed prove/show their stance on "mustard gas" locations/existence/time-line to be true. Ok, then what ? Does that prove there's treasure there ? OF COURSE NOT.

So to me, these rabbit-trail red herring debates are almost items you/we can GRANT them. For sake-of-argument. Because even if you LOST that "rabbit trail debate" , it still doesn't make treasure to necessarily be true. Yet to THEM, if they win that minor component, it further entrenches them into concluding : AHA ! TREASURE !

So I have tended to retreat to the "so what ?" attitude, and NOT enter into the wack-a-mole debate trick.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
i want to be fair i know 99.99% of the treasure stories here are fake news ....no body booby traps treasure buried 50 feet or in a water tunnel STUPID ...remember a booby trap in war dosn't know its enemy ...go back a few years later and play with a booby trap good luck ....its all just hype to bait the trap or scare the tourists ... all the poison gas stories i seen up close are plain old carbon monoxide no hose pumping air down the shaft ( no gas cylinders found )....in the usa i seen 2 electrical workers in a vault 1970s died less then 10 feet under ground ( CO) ...hype gets those stupid investors wallets open ...ive been to over 100 treasure sites am no tourist i read all the local news .....treasure stories here are as common as fishing or hunting stories in the usa

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to point out that this forum the moderators seem to be fair and honest not bias toward pushing for rating and hype ....a big thumbs up to them ....other forum thats totally based on japanese treasure stories (no name mentioned ) is 100% a scam forum its moderators even go along with the fake news they seems to care only about there profits and ratings and not the facts ...so a little warning to readers don't fall for hype and phony stories people have made there business out of these lies ..

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
I ran into a historian the other day we talked about what went on in davao WW2 .....i asked him about bunkers ...this is what he told me which matched my theory ....primary coastal bunkers were build by the americans way before WW2 ...and the secondary coastal bunkers were finished in early 1945 by the japanaese ....so most likely the cement formula that was used to build the chrysler building in NYC was used in davao primary bunkers ....in the usa i remember chumming to net suckers here everyone cumming only problem theres no treasure only suckers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread