Can someone help me with this layer(alkitran)

xbat

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello there, Im new to this forum and I found the forum very informative and a lot of members are very helpful. so our project that we dugged are now in 40ft level below the ground, around 25 to 30 ft level we encounter the water filling up our site as we continue to the 40 to 45ft we encountered a very hard item even our backhoe cant break it. fortunately we cracked a piece of it and found out the it was a "stone" or seems more like a alkitran(asphalt). May I have some advice on how we can easily break this thing. does this layer have an item inside? I can post a picture here if you want to see the piece of this "stone".

EDIT:
stone.jpg

This was the piece of cracked stone we dugged up.

Last edited:

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello there, Im new to this forum and I found the forum very informative and a lot of members are very helpful. so our project that we dugged are now in 40ft level below the ground, around 25 to 30 ft level we encounter the water filling up our site as we continue to the 40 to 45ft we encountered a very hard item even our backhoe cant break it. fortunately we cracked a piece of it and found out the it was a "stone" or seems more like a alkitran(asphalt). May I have some advice on how we can easily break this thing. does this layer have an item inside? I can post a picture here if you want to see the piece of this "stone".

Rent a large rock breaker attachment for the backhoe. Plan on spending a few hours penetrating the layer depending on the size of your rock breaker and the thickness of the stone. It could be that the stone is cemented in to the earth and you're seeing both stone and cement.

View attachment 1700264

OP
OP
X

xbat

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rent a large rock breaker attachment for the backhoe. Plan on spending a few hours penetrating the layer depending on the size of your rock breaker and the thickness of the stone. It could be that the stone is cemented in to the earth and you're seeing both stone and cement.

View attachment 1700264

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your suggestion. I'll have to ask the operator if they have that type of attachment.

EDIT:
Btw for some info. we tried to break the piece of stone we dugged up with a manned operated jackhammer but is really hard and cant break this piece of stone.

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your suggestion. I'll have to ask the operator if they have that type of attachment.

EDIT:
Btw for some info. we tried to break the piece of stone we dugged up with a manned operated jackhammer but is really hard and cant break this piece of stone.

One time i used one of those rock breakers the same size you see in the photo to do the same thing. They are very powerful. Even a large boulder is no match for it given enough time. We had to penetrate a layer at that same depth, around 45 ft. It was a large stone the shape of a turtle's shell cemented in to the earth. Unfortunately after penetrating the layer, a very heavy rain swept in and caused the walls of the hole to collapse.

Some stones are just really hard. Manned jackhammers can take ages to break up some natural stones. Why do you believe there is treasure there? What kind of methods or technology did you use to locate it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

xbat

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One time i used one of those rock breakers the same size you see in the photo to do the same thing. They are very powerful. Even a large boulder is no match for it given enough time. We had to penetrate a layer at that same depth, around 45 ft. It was a large stone the shape of a turtle's shell cemented in to the earth. Unfortunately after penetrating the layer, a very heavy rain swept in and caused the walls of the hole to collapse.

Some stones are just really hard. Why do you believe there is treasure there? What kind of methods or technology did you use to locate it?

so in other words you failed to dig the spot? sad to hear that. The answer on your question we have some markings like a big stone shaped heart, we also dugged at around 25 to 30 ft level an old scissors and broken jars. also a help of some detectors like dowsing rods, metal detectors etc. In total we used 4 detectors.

msolomon

Feb 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
so in other words you failed to dig the spot? sad to hear that. The answer on your question we have some markings like a big stone shaped heart, we also dugged at around 25 to 30 ft level an old scissors and broken jars.

Old scissors and broken jars at 30 ft definitely isn't natural. Maybe you have something. I wish you success.

OP
OP
X

xbat

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you share what kinds of metal detectors you used?

just a typical metal detector I forgot the manufacturer. but the dowsing rod we used is the modern type manufactured by rayfinder( not really sure about the manufacturer). also I dont know what it is called but also we used golden stick to locate. I dont know how it function. Thanks hopefully and wishing us to success with this project. we are guided by a grandson of a japanese military who faught in world war 2.

OP
OP
X

xbat

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will keep this thread updated untill the end of the project.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you share what kinds of metal detectors you used?

You will find that on this forum no one will talk about the high end detectors.The pros do not engage in the conversations on here do to the fact they are very private community and like there secrets.I saw were you were asking about the Tero Vido this I have done a lot of research on and have decided it is the one I need for the type of terrain I am in.I did use a Gem Overhauser far superior to a proton the problem is and this was an old model it is bulky and temperamental was not the ideal machine were I have to go.I have to have a machine that is light and compact and hardy built with good battery life.I also want to mention that Terra Exploration has some real good equipment to but it is only from reading reviews.It would be nice to be able to try the equipment out before you buy do to the expense of it but that is not going to happen.

OP
OP
X

xbat

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
may I join the discussion about the gadgets you have bought and used. Does anyone of you found a precious treasures by using those gadgets? Im just wondering.... never heared of a real obtained treasure before. Im just a newbie in this field :)

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you can join the discussion xbat and the reason I am going to buy one is i need to find precious treasure with it.I am going to start out with that base model of the Tero Vido and its right at $5500 american dollars.These are expensive units and made in Germany if you are serious to hunt for precious treasure you need one super compact sturdy and easy to operate that is what I like or so they say.I have not found any precious treasure and you will not find any one talking about finding precious treasure in the USA.

OP
OP
X

xbat

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE:

As I said earlier aboout this hard rock that we are dealing with, we fortunately break or chipped it with the backhoe. Now, we are trying to dig on the chipped area of the rock and theres a lot of charcoal under it. We are having a hard time dealing with the rock and we are planning if we will use explosive just to make our digging more easier.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope you have someone that has knowledge in the use of explosives ....also remember explosives will make the ground become more unstable your at a very dangerous level already 45 feet ...I hope you are following mining rules ...no treasure worth your life ...

N

NinjaT

You will find that on this forum no one will talk about the high end detectors.The pros do not engage in the conversations on here do to the fact they are very private community and like there secrets.I saw were you were asking about the Tero Vido this I have done a lot of research on and have decided it is the one I need for the type of terrain I am in.I did use a Gem Overhauser far superior to a proton the problem is and this was an old model it is bulky and temperamental was not the ideal machine were I have to go.I have to have a machine that is light and compact and hardy built with good battery life.I also want to mention that Terra Exploration has some real good equipment to but it is only from reading reviews.It would be nice to be able to try the equipment out before you buy do to the expense of it but that is not going to happen.

Buying a device from Tero Vido has been the worst decision I have made in a very long time. The product is garbage. I hope you or anyone else did not take your advice.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
NinjaT at least your honest not like some others here that hype junk products for profit anyone one who believes that they have treasure under water and hard rock as they dig to china are easy targets to this hype .....i only wonder if they have a real map or good marker or its all dowser BS .....all the real finds i believe its funny not one of them was found with dowser ...by accident and metal detectors have found treasure ....Good luck ninjat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread