Letter from U.S. Soldier in Jaro, Philippines 1899.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The progressive farmer. (Winston, N.C.), 05 Sept. 1899.

000aaa.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...xt=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=61

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks jeff and yes there was treasure there ....don't hold me to this but if i remember right it was from a Spanish ship in the river that flows threw that area of IIoilo that on the island of Panay in the central philippines about 150 miles NW of where am at my friend BEN expat military lives in that area but hes half blind and not a treasure hunter ...The locals would know more and 43 years later it was also part of the escape route of President Quezon the Japanese almost caught him when he crossed to Negros to where am at to Pt41

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
That from the forgotten War . Once had a krag 1896 rifle it was used here i didn't know at the time ... looked it up years later and realized ( it was being used as a parade rifle in suffern N.Y late 40s when i was a kid )

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
I looked in my notes in 1617 ..San marcos Spanish galleon Arevalo Panay here a great story of spanish ships lost in the Philippines ....For some reason i can't copy and paste i have no idea y...the following (pdf) maritime disaters in spanish philippines : the manila acapulco ....this worth reading 31 pages

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
If its not spanish treasure a Chinese junk went down in the jalaur river in Panay might of had silver which is marked in Liang which is a system of weight that how to tell the difference ...where am at one worker found a real spanish gold bar in the city taking down a old spanish house it was in the news

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions