Read Japanese?

Guardrailnickel

Jan 11, 2020
Pa. 19512
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It says: I got this far up the tree, but didn't have the coconuts to climb any further.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry ! Hopefully Someone will come along, Though My guess it's too Distorted from Growth
to Read.
being Japanese has so many little lines & Curves, MU & MO may be SE but look like KI now

japanese-alphabet-hiragana-1024x724.png

I Do know if I Wrote it, it wold say "Call 911 ! Quick !"

Last edited:

Yang Hao

Feb 23, 2015
Haerbin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iā€™ve been looking at this post for a few days now. Since there hasnā€™t been any updates I thought I would give it a try. This being a total guess but Iā€™d say itā€™s written about a person (like an in memory of). One of the characters (the second from the bottom) looks like ēˆ¶ which means father in Japanese and Chinese. The one under ā€œēˆ¶ā€ looks like 飞 which means to fly but I donā€™t think Japanese use that character. Again this is just guesses. Good luck. Please let us know if you find the answer to what is on the tree.

OP
OP
Dragonasia

Dragonasia

Jun 3, 2019
Asia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. Iā€™ve been told the symbols point to a location, that we believe we found, but the are has been too muddy to fully investigate.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
A coconut tree lifespan is about 60 to 80 years?

Which means it would have to have been planted during WW2 to still be alive.

And as the, er, 'Japanese' looking damage is not at the top then it was made sometime after it was planted which means it was done after WW2 (presuming it was at least planted then).

OP
OP
Dragonasia

Dragonasia

Jun 3, 2019
Asia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We found a triangle shape, formed by Japanese bamboo and old mango trees. We did detect in the center, had a signal. But the mud in the area made it impossible to fully investigate. Will do that when I finish a current project.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread