pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stopped for some gas last Saturday and right next to the gas station was a yard sale.. Waiting for the tank to fill so I wandered on over to see the junk, which it mostly was. Spotted the leather camera bag on the end of a table and asked if I could open it (zipped) to see what was inside. From the look of the camera bag, I'd expected an old movie camera. The woman selling, quickly grabbed the bag and unzipped it to show me.. Wow! An Exakta? (didn't say that out loud) I jokingly asked "does it work perfectly?" and she not understanding what I said, turned around and shouted something to another woman behind her, who held up an open hand indicating "five"... I had to go back to the car to get the $5 from my wife.. I wanted to run.

This Exakta has the 50mm f/2.8 Zeiss Tessar and both the prism and waist level viewfinder heads. Also came with a remote shutter release cable and a Zeiss Ikophot light meter. Shutter speeds all sound OK and I don't see any obvious problems with the shutter cloth. Nice early VX, a '51 or '52 from the serial #. Not a bad $5 camera!
BTW, there was an exposed roll of Kodachrome slide film inside. Wonder what's on it.

Treasure is where you find it...

IMG_0762.JPG

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
t_r.gif
photo_camera.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE BUY PineNut :..
You got to let us know what was on the film!

Thanks!
I'll have to find someone who develops color slide film. If it was B&W, I'd just develop it myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread