Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
BUMP!! ........Hmmm...that did'nt go that far :tongue3:

Sooooo,...Maybe getting it this week ? Throw a few pic's up here when you get it , with a .8 in focus should be good for coins ?? Appears nobody knows a thing about it ,... maybe you could tell us a thing or two about it , compare it to your last camera ?

....Blindpig

OP
OP
arizonaames

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
It will be another week or two before Nikon releases the product to the shops. I am now on back order until they arrive. I cannot believe a camera has an ISO of 6400. How is that for stopping motion? The macro is supposed to be .8 inches. I will post pix when I get it....jim

OP
OP
arizonaames

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Finally arrived just a while ago. Here are my first pics without much light inside on the kitchen table....2nd day, after reading owner's manual. This camera is unbelievable! It is no bigger than a pack of cigarettes and thinner and yet is does more than my Sony Mavica. It has a 5x optical zoom and a 4x digital zoom that you can kick in if you want to get even closer after using the optical zoom. It is 12.2 MPs. Thus, the picture quality is fantastic. It has shake, vibrate and motion sensor reduction and it does everything but talk to you but wait....it can do that too!!!! :headbang: :hello2:

Attachments

• Barber Quarter1.jpg
    Barber Quarter1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 195
  • Barber quarter Back.jpg
    Barber quarter Back.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 202
  • eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 197
  • eagleF.jpg
    eagleF.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 196

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Arizonaames , I hear ya ,.. They can pack a lot of fun in these lit’ camera’s now ,. .. And there so easy to take along on hunts and such !!
Your pic’s look GREAT ,.. Even after being resized to fit on this board , and considering they were taken in low light , my lit’ sony has some “issue’s” when it come’s to low-light .
You say it has 5x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom ,.. That’s more zoom-zoom then mine , but if you have any type of puter image/editing capability [may have came w/ camera ?] ,.. With 12.2 MP’s , you should near be able to “full-screen” [enlarge] a fairly clear pic of a mint mark on one of your coin’s there !!
Yep,... these lit’ camera’s really are amazing ... Blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
I'll give this a shot ,...........Original pic taken with 7.2 MP

JPEGjjnuggsnov.jpg

Pic of coin and nugget's , note; the coin is already "small" for the image size , orginal image size 3072 x 2304 , resized here to 639 x479

JPEGjjnuggsnov.jpg

"89" from the date of coin [dime] , enlarged from org. 3072 x 2304 image , the "89" image is now 225 x178 ,.... not a clear pic , but not "bad" ,..... if you do the number's ..... ;D

Blindpig

Attachments

• DSC01669.jpgel.jpg
    DSC01669.jpgel.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
arizonaames

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nice pics...especially the gold nuggets!!! :tongue3: :hello2:....Here is a landscape I shot today...

Attachments

• Picture 1198.jpg
    Picture 1198.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 187

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions