All Treasure Hunting
I would just Scan The Negatives Then use Irfanview
To adjust them the Best I Can

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of different image manipulation programs out there.

The simplest way to me would be scan them and then use the "Paint" program that comes loaded on PC's. In that program, with your photo open, you would click "Image" and then "Invert Colors".

Side not: River Rat was trying to respond to you via PM's regarding "a big black space" on your Everything Else page. Did that resolve? It looked like you may not have been seeing her responses. I put a post up for you, stickied to the top of Everything Else.

photo-master

Jan 17, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
lonesomebob said:
Is there a program for developing b&w negatives on a scanner or some such? have a lot of them to do. Bob

Can you expand on what you mean, and what you want to do?

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mean can you scan them on a scanner ? Or a adapter for the scanner to run film negative ?
The software is all over the web to do photo work, just do a search and read up on it and pick the one you want, there are a lot of free ones also.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Yes, you can just scan them and use photoshop,or any software to crop,color,or improve contrast. You can even use your windows software without having to buy any other software programs. I use print master for most of mine. Works great. rockhound

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use an old Plustek Optic Pro UT12 scanner. It has the holders in the lid for large & 35mm slides and also hold strips of 35mm negs. The software will scan the strip of negs & save each one on it's own. The software bundle has a decent editor but I clean em up with Photoshop. I've done some badly badly faded slides & they came out great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread