prairiepup

Apr 10, 2012
Nevada
Detector(s) used
ML 4500
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi Folks,

I have taken some aura pics of possible cache sites. I get color supposedly aura pics. But, how do you interprete them? I even got a large flower pot, let a handful of 90 % silver coins plus a couple of gold rings soak for a couple of weeks and took pics. Got auras.

What I cannot seem to do is find how to pinpoint caches with them. I took some pics out in a desert area and the whole area of the pic lit up.

View attachment 627713 View attachment 627714

Last edited:

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Gold is a noble metal- no such thing as a gold "aura" or "halo" or whatever when it comes to gold.

Over years, iron and similar metals can break down through oxidation and leach out into the surrounding soil. The resulting effect is a target that may appear larger than it actually is with a metal detector.

But when it comes to gold, it does not rust or deteriorate in any way, no matter how long you let it soak. Noble metal, no oxidation, no halo, no aura.

Simplest way to describe it. I apologize if I come off as glib. Just trying to save you some time and effort (and possibly mucho dinero) as there are plenty of crackpots out there selling all kinds of gadgets and gizmos to locate gold "auras". Usually for buttloads of money. If they worked, why aren't the manufacturers of these devices incredibly rich? Why would they need to sell gizmos to get by?

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Jeffro,
Some people are getting auras, whatever is still in its infancy, just like the early days of metal detectors.
I can't promise it will ever amount to anything, but without experimentation we will never know. The sun
emits lots of Infrared and creates lots of reflections, particularly off of vegetation and sand. You have to
do your own experimentation as you are doing so far. There are some claims of finds made this way, but
without all the experimentaion we don't know enough details to replicate. I have gotten auras on digital
pictures, but now always repeatable or known metals. Keep up the good work and curiousity is good
for you no matter what others say. Just a thought, take pictures of your areas just after sundown, while
there is still light, but no direct sunlight.
Rich

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
hum.. so not only are treasure hunters.. but we could open a new sub cat intitled: "Ghost Treasure Hunters" but this is nothing new.. I get these kinds of request all the time.. Users/collectors/hobbits with rocks or minerals need me to id a few things for them.. and when they take pictures of their stones.. "orbs" appear.. Not sure you believe this stuff.. but in my case.. I've tried to take pictures of my gem shire.. consisting of furs, rocks feathers etc.. and the camera simply shuts off.. Numerous times I've attempt to take a picture.. but turn away and take a picture of the wall or something the camera would turn back on.. Or take this one time.. heading to Whitehaven, MD and crossing the ferry from shore to shore.. when ever we get to close to the old house at Whitehaven the camera shuts off..

Yes of course.. weird stuff..

OP
OP
prairiepup

prairiepup

Apr 10, 2012
Nevada
Detector(s) used
ML 4500
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wizard,

Me thinks you lead a strange and enchanted life. My life has changed a bit since I was nearly killed in a car accident last May and had a Near Death Experience. NDE's are easy to read about. But, viewed in another light when you have one.

PP

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Know where your coming from.. there are unknown forces out there and around us all the time.. Since my mothers passing in march of last year, I've had something called "Awakening Colors" and have yet to really figure out what it all means.. and yes I would say I have sort of an enchanted outlook on things.. eyes have open to things unnoticed once before.. It does make one realize what we all have been missing. although being a photographer.. I'm already geared (attuned) to look at things differently.

I would go with the flow.. even attempt to make contact.. sort of reminds me of "pirates of the Caribbean" take the gold coin.. and you've become undead..

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no such thing. You either have a smudge on the lens or it's dust in the air. Auras do not exist. IF it did, don't you think there would be about a billion examples to cite as proof? Cameras have been around for a long time countless pictures taken would have shown these auras around every gold necklace, ring, etc if it existed.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
AS much as I hate to agree with Jason, auras do not exist but I must also mention something on the lense is out of focus and won't show up on the picture. Now I noticed that the pictures are in the BMP format which in not native to cameras so the pictures have been "processed". Need I say more? hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

animalrooster41

Greenie
Jun 6, 2010
Jason and Frankn, I know 2 people who would disagree with you. Loius Matacia, David Villanova. They both have written books on the subject of finding gold and silver with photography by exposing its aura.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason and Frankn, I know 2 people who would disagree with you. Loius Matacia, David Villanova. They both have written books on the subject of finding gold and silver with photography by exposing its aura.

I can write a book about forcing gold and silver out of the ground by chanting, but that doesn't mean it has any basis in fact or reality or even truth.

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Okay, don't get excited, I'm just trying to solve a puzzle, hee,hee...If you investigate my profile and posts you'll find out pretty fast that I have posted LOT'S and LOT'S of pictures here on different threads. I have taken thousands of pictures over the years of all kinds of Prospecting/Treasure Hunting stuff, Landscapes, you name it. Alot of the stuff is or belongs to the Stone Monument Class of the Ancients and Spanish/Mexican. And out of all of these pic's, every once in a while, I get some anomalies that are up to suggestions, but I've seen more than my share of the Paranormal Phenomena, so I remain quiet open minded. The following pic's are of a Carved Stone Pozo or Capstone in a area of where many, many other Spanish/Mexican Monuments of every design have been found. What is unusual about this is the RED AURA that showed up in 1 pic out of several and I took them all within 1 or 2 minutes of each of them. Then there's a further explanation of the Stone itself, it measures about 2 ft. wide by 3 ft. long, rectangular that "maybe" the case, still investigating the possibilities. Why it was left there is anybody's guess? The miners could have been attacked and killed and it was never moved again or something else. But it's not a Grave Stone, I'm certain of that...# pic is the Red Aura....Darrell TrailMarkers 002.jpg TrailMarkers 003.jpg TrailMarkers 005.jpg TrailMarkers 006.jpg Cap Stone Illustrations 001.jpg Cap Stone Illustrations 002.jpg Cap Stone Illustrations 003.jpg Cap Stone Illustrations 004.jpg Cap Stone Illustrations 005.jpg Cap Stone Illustrations 008.jpg TrailMarkers 001.jpg

Attachments

• The Man Trail Markers 003.jpg
    The Man Trail Markers 003.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 972
  • TrailMarkers 004.jpg
    TrailMarkers 004.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not an aura, it's caused by the sun hitting your camera lens at the wrong angle. HAve you ever noticed the big sunshades the professional camera use to prevent this?

As for the strange rock arrangement, that's a wierd one for sure. Definitely man made, but I can offer no clues for why.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread