TinCan18

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2013
IL
Detector(s) used
M6 and Coinmaster Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I need some help. I want to enlarge a photo that is on glossy paper. There are some very small details that I need to see on it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this. I tried using a magnifying glass but it is not strong enough to see what I need.

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You could try scanning it and digitally enlarging it. But chances are the small details would be too blurry to make out. Other than that your best bet would be to just get a stronger magnifier.

Of course it's possible someone here might have another method I'm not aware of. Good luck.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Some" details can be enhanced in an image, but considering it is already printed makes it very
challenging.

Do you have (or can you get) the original, digital file?

If so, I'll be happy to take a shot at it, and would do my best to bring out the area in
question.

There is only so much resolution that can be had with a file, and much depends on what
camera it was shot with, and how it was taken (light, shadows, etc.)

OP
OP
TinCan18

TinCan18

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2013
IL
Detector(s) used
M6 and Coinmaster Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. No go on the original, it is in a book. I do have a loupe but it would be easier if the picture was larger. I know there is a way some how. I just haven't found it yet. Thanks again.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work with one of the first Kodak instant share cameras for internet and email pics. This thing is old and rudimentary.
I have a couple of different magnifiers, I can put right up to the shutter lens and it will magnify minute millimeter details, that actually shock me, they are so crystal clear.

It's hit and miss thing though, as to light, distance from the object, angle. My best magnifier is actually the smallest and cheapest plastic one I have, it looks like a toy. LOL!
I don't know if it would work on a pic, but for me (NOT a camera/photo expert AT ALL), I'm amazed at the results I get.
Maybe give it a try. :dontknow: Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread