Why I dont own a AT Pro.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[video]http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/CrucesNomad/media/100_6611_zpsa0bc94a6.mp4.html[/video]

I hunt with a bunch of guys who either use First Texas or Whites detectors. I am absolutely in love with my F75. Enough said. Post your photos or grab some bench lol.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And again today.
July12th.jpg

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
atp 001.JPG get you an AT pro and you'll be able to find these kind of finds

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 827600 get you an AT pro and you'll be able to find these kind of finds

So you find these today? Wow, im posting todays finds, not 1970's when you could easily find those. I could post old post all day, or my collection. Nobidy wants to see old news here. Show me what you did today with your at pro?

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you find these today? Wow, im posting todays finds, not 1970's when you could easily find those. I could post old post all day, or my collection. Nobidy wants to see old news here. Show me what you did today with your at pro?

i wasnt even born until 1977 and this isnt an old post a few of them coins i have posted before all but 5 of those i have found with the at pro since i got it 2 months ago went back over yards that i had hunted with my white's

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats great Wildman, you realize this is a post why I dont own a AT Pro. You found more old silver in one day, than most of us will find our whole life. Good show.

Here is a link, someone finally found a use for a AT PRO:

I think he should cut the first 6" inches off his finished product to make it work better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tot lot

This is a short hunt I did today. This stuff should not be there. But it was.

Attachments

• fork.jpg
    fork.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 114
  • hook.jpg
    hook.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 106
OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
500 possible settings on the F75.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I've got 16 silver coins, 4 silver rings, two silver earrings and four gold rings so far THIS YEAR with my AT PRO. (my silver coin count is down but my gold count is up) My gold is mixed K but total weight is 21.3 grams! I haven't had the 10 diamonds in one of the rings checked yet but I'd bet a Garrett Pro Pointer that the big red stone is a ruby! I have paid for the AT PRO like six times over with finds now and bought it September 2011. You should do a little more research and get out where the good stuff is if you can't find silver.
I really think you should put about 30 hours in on the AT PRO and you will be sold.

I have recently purchased a Minelab SE PRO. I have about 25 hours or so on it. No where near what it's going to take to get good with the machine, let alone master it. There are things that I like about the AT PRO that the SE PRO just won't do. The SE PRO has a retail price of like three time the AT PRO.

Now, quit yer hatin! I didnt say anything about the manufacturer you prefer.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I thank you for the advice, this is a thread of people who dont own a AT PRO. No picture equals no find as far as Im concerned. I have seen a pictures of last years hunts. But I am just posting what is being found today. Garret makes some good stuff. Just not anything I want to talk about. I have not been able to get out today, but I promise I will. Here is what Im working on this week.

rockhouse1.jpg

I also am working on this as time permits.

p3.jpg

Here is a way I have to travel to these places.

dopeonarope.jpg

But I have to go to the park every so often. The girls know Im coming so they dress for it. A guy has gotta do, what a guy has gotta do.

IMG_20130507_155921.jpg

I dont know if I would want to do all that deep digging if I owned a AT PRO. I like a challenge so I will just stick with my low end machine. Im pretty sure there is a IQ test required for a AT PRO also. Hey, I met a guy who uses a ACE 350, I will finally get to see one of those illusive Garret machines though. Good job on the hunt ator, how about some pictures next time.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going to have to change this thread to: Why I dont own a ATX. lol

Since I now own a Garret detector too, I will have to be nice. But I cant be honest as the new edition is having issues. Im told its the monkey, we will see. Im gonna make a video next time it acts up.

Have you guys seen the new ATX, so far it has my attention. I need to know if it will hunt small gold nuggets. Being a PI I dont think it will work for my needs. But man what a beast just looking at it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread