20 States in 10 Days or Less

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
2 weeks ago i sent word to a few TNers.. informing them that I'll be taking a few days off.. With it being our 20th wedding Anniversary, we wanted to do 20 states within a 2 week time frame.. But things never worked out as one had hoped. Thou we did get a few images along the way.

Here's The Final Totals:

• States Visited: 18 (wanted 20)
• Number of Days on the Road: 10
• Highest Temp: 103° (New Mex & Tex for 2 days straight)
• Lowest Temp: 48° (Peaked 14,000 Feet Above Sea Level, CO)
• Miles Traveled: 4789
• Gas Cost: $956.34
• Most Expensive Gas: $4.12
• Least Expensive Gas: $3.09
• Hotel Cost: $1,039.90 (1 hotel per-Night. 2 nights in Colorado)
• Most Expensive Hotel: The Ramada, Morgantown WV $128.80
• Least Expensive Hotel: The Frontier Motel, Glenwood Springs, CO $77.00
• Best Breakfast: Red Rock Cafe, Carbondale, CO
• Worst Lunch: Applebees, Tucumcari, New Mexico
• Best Dinner: Cattle Exchange Restaurant, Canadian, TX
• Highest Priced Oil: O'REilly's Auto Parts, Elkhorn, Nebraska $10.98 per quart
• Best Places For Travel Shirts: Harley Davidson (any store Location Nation Wide)
• Worse Road In America: Route 40 through Oklahoma
• States We Liked: Nebraska, Colorado, New Mexico
• Jeep Waves While Traveling: 5 (2 of those are when we returned back into Maryland)
• Jeep Wave 2 Year Total: 18 out of passing 400+ Wranglers Clearly the Jeep Wave is dead.

Couple of things to add here.. First our oil filter failed while on our travels.. luck for us there was no engine damage.. thus I'll be switching to a different brand of filter.. Secondly.. We've developed what is known as a death wobble.. this is where the front/steering goes screwy.. So what's going to happen between now and next year?.. alot of repairs to the jeep.. (maybe $2,000 or more worth of new suspension) my wife had even said she wants to get rid of it.. I would think she was just upset.
Lastly, on top of all that is listed above.. we will be paying for this trip for the next 3 years.. We took a loan out on my wife's 401K.. but hey you only live once and the trip was worth it..

Last edited:

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey SW, any way I can see the photos? I got a broken link. I hope your trip was a memorable and fun ride!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, like I tell everyone that lives here in Texas. It's summer, it's supposed to be hot...

OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Bear, for years we've struggled to locate a site where my images would be saved.. and have yet to find one.. the broken link was due to something Google created.. I'm working on correcting this.. But just added the full story in the link above no images..

Bear, I'm really having a hard time finding a photo storage site that's reliable.. several times Google+, photobucket and many others simply do not offer enough space of something happens and I loose the images on that storage site.. I've been searching for an unlimited photo site.. yet they all charge somewhere down the road.. and there seems to be a growing dislike of our adventures hence the so many issues with trying to blog and post images.. at this point.. I'll prob never post another image..

I'm going to attempt another photo storage site.. (http://stonewhisper.over-blog.com/) We'll see how this goes..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread