The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A place for all things photography. Sharing, discussion, and drooling.

I'll start:

A still Life. My tang horse

Tang_Horse copy.jpg

Baby chicks.
olive&speckles3 copy.jpg

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are a couple of shots from back in the days when I was doing photography just for the shear joy of seeing what I could create.

BLUEDRAG.jpg
Experimenting with lighting and a blown glass dragon that a friend had

DRAGON1.jpg
I had two prints made of this one with one reversed.

GUARDIAN.jpg
It's amazing what you can do with extension tubes and a macro lens! That's a lot of red!

And another lightning shot from my front porch... You can tell this one was hand held.
lightning1.jpg

I'll dig through some of my CDRs and see what else I can find. Most of my really good shots are pretty off the wall for subject matter. I've always liked doing FX type stuff.

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here are a couple of shots from back in the days when I was doing photography just for the shear joy of seeing what I could create.

View attachment 1090805

View attachment 1090806

View attachment 1090807
It's amazing what you can do with extension tubes and a macro lens! That's a lot of red!

And another lightning shot from my front porch... You can tell this one was hand held.
View attachment 1090814

I'll dig through some of my CDRs and see what else I can find. Most of my really good shots are pretty off the wall for subject matter. I've always liked doing FX type stuff.

Those are great Dizzy!

OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446180783.536451.jpg

Fun little shot from shooting the other day.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have any of you guys ever taken infrared or ultraviolet photos / images of the sky at night?
With long exposure times I guess. I am not anything more than a "point and click" kinda guy but have heard of some mighty interesting things being captured while taking mages in those wavelengths.

Thanks for any replies.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Have any of you guys ever taken infrared or ultraviolet photos / images of the sky at night?
With long exposure times I guess. I am not anything more than a "point and click" kinda guy but have heard of some mighty interesting things being captured while taking mages in those wavelengths.

Thanks for any replies.

It used to be that you could get a hold of IR film pretty easy. It was also called "false color" film. With the advances in digital cameras now days, it's getting harder and harder to find even regular 35MM film let alone IR stock. I Used to shoot a LOT of pictures using slide film because I could process them myself in the kitchen sink. When you shoot 45-50 rolls in a single weekend, being able to process them yourself for 50 cents a roll was much less damaging to the wallet. I also liked that you could get a better print from a slide than a negative.

As far as long exposures with IR or UV film goes I'm not quite sure how that would work. When shooting regular film using a telescope the common practice was to use what they called "Hypered" film which had been soaked in Liquid Nitrogen before use. This would allow the film to make really long exposures without burning in. I don't know of you can make hypered IR film.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Playing around with a microscope and my cell phone camera. This is -100 mesh gold that came out of my crusher. I had to do a vinegar wash on it to clean it up.

-100 mesh 1.jpg -100 mesh2.jpg

Some small flakes. I was amazed at how much silver is showing besides the gold. With the naked eye it looks like there's only gold in them.

1101151319c.jpg 1101151329.jpg

I'm looking at getting a USB microscope which would improve the images. Still not to bad for a $25 swapmeet microscope and a cell phone camera.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool thread keep rolling

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a couple of shots from back in the days when I was doing photography just for the shear joy of seeing what I could create

View attachment 1090805

View attachment 1090806

View attachment 1090807

View attachment 1090814

.Thats a sweeeet pic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread