Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hvacker
  • 1 Post By Chadeaux

Thread: What is the best editing program if price was no option?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
    2051 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

What is the best editing program if price was no option?

Im seeing pay tp playt options for a monthly service fee online. I am not interested in that. I am looking for a stand alone program I can download on my laptop for editing in the field. I do not always have cell service and dont wish to rack up data fees on my cell anyway. What is folks using. I am still learning the Cannon t7i recently purchased and need to adjust, crop and make corrections with the large files it is putting out. Doing what I can with camera to reduce the work.

What is your druthers and what do you use if your up to sharing.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    21499 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Adobe CS5Pro. You rent it by the month, for a year at a time. I did 7 professional films with it.

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5888 times
    Cache Hunting
    Affinity Photo --- very good software, integration with their Designer and Publisher program is outstanding.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.2YellowLilly2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	323.6 KB 
ID:	1728041

Haven't run into anything that photoshop does that this won't do as well or better --- except at $49 to purchase the photo editor, you don't have to cough up an extra $20 or so each month.

The have a free demo, try it you'll like it . . . especially if you're already familiar with photoshop or corel's paint shop pro.

http://affinity.serif.com
    Speaking of the stars: " "To whom can you liken me to make me his equal?” says the Holy One.' “Lift up your eyes to heaven and see. who has created these things? It is the One who brings out their army by number; HE calls them all by name. Because of his vast dynamic energy and his awe-inspiring power, not one of them is missing." " --- Isaiah 40:25,26

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    My Head
    1716 times
    Usually the favorite is the one you've taken the time to learn. I started seriously with Photoshop Elements early on. The full version is a bit too loaded for my use. I also have Corel Paintshop Pro but really haven't used it enough to value it.
    For just basic editing there are a bunch out there. One free one that comes up often is GIMP.
    The most valuable skill to learn is Layers. Editing's best tool.
    Chadeaux likes this.
    Chop wood..Carry water

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5888 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Usually the favorite is the one you've taken the time to learn. I started seriously with Photoshop Elements early on. The full version is a bit too loaded for my use. I also have Corel Paintshop Pro but really haven't used it enough to value it.
    For just basic editing there are a bunch out there. One free one that comes up often is GIMP.
    The most valuable skill to learn is Layers. Editing's best tool.
    Very accurate. I started with Photoshop back in the early 2000's. Tried Ability photo, Serif's photoplus ... but Paintshop pro gave me more of what I was looking for in licensing. When Paintshop changed their licensing, they lost this long time customer who had solved some of their software issues with tablets and given it to them.

Affinity came along and it's the best for me.

Workflow is more important than the program. All of the aforementioned have similar workflows, but Gimp throws a monkey wrench into everything I do so I never got the hang of it.
    hvacker likes this.
    Speaking of the stars: " "To whom can you liken me to make me his equal?” says the Holy One.' “Lift up your eyes to heaven and see. who has created these things? It is the One who brings out their army by number; HE calls them all by name. Because of his vast dynamic energy and his awe-inspiring power, not one of them is missing." " --- Isaiah 40:25,26

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links