Fun with cicaadas . . .
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Chadeaux
  • 2 Post By hvacker

Thread: Fun with cicaadas . . .

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5967 times
    Cache Hunting

Fun with cicaadas . . .

Judging by the screech, this must be what a cicada exoskeleton looks like to that city fella:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bonsai.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	723.0 KB 
ID:	1738886
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    My Head
    1746 times
    Kind of like an alien falling to Earth. I like it.
    I've got a barrel cactus ready to bloom and I might try your multi focus you posted if weather permits.
    Were in our monsoon season. Unpredictable. I'll probably also try HDR.
    Most of my photographs are what might be called grab shots so a bit of discipline couldn't hurt.
    Chadeaux and AARC like this.
    Chop wood..Carry water

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5967 times
    Cache Hunting
    Yep, they're pretty similar. Generally with HDR 3 - 5 exposures are good for me.

With focus stacking, it depends on the area that I'm working with. Just have to make sure that the focus on each shot slightly overlaps the one before. Best results come from largest aperture (lowest number) for exposures. That leaves lots of bokeh in the image where you don't want the focus. The camera just has to be able to manually focus each shot.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    My Head
    1746 times
    I haven't seen what my lens can do as far as creating bokeh. I know some are better than others.
    Right now I only have kit lenses so they aren't very fast. I might try an extender just to see the affect.
    I've got a prime lens on my wish list. I have thought of buying an adapter for a old Sekor f1.7 I have
    as manual focus is needed.
    Thanx for the tips.
    Chop wood..Carry water

us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    My Head
    1746 times
    I was reading some tips on stacked focus along with yours. One that I needed was the go to live screen mode and click the magnify button so the subject is larger and easier to focus. With my eye sight this will be a huge help.
    Chop wood..Carry water

Sponsored Links