Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Judging by the screech, this must be what a cicada exoskeleton looks like to that city fella:

bonsai.jpg

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Kind of like an alien falling to Earth. I like it.
I've got a barrel cactus ready to bloom and I might try your multi focus you posted if weather permits.
Were in our monsoon season. Unpredictable. I'll probably also try HDR.
Most of my photographs are what might be called grab shots so a bit of discipline couldn't hurt.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yep, they're pretty similar. Generally with HDR 3 - 5 exposures are good for me.

With focus stacking, it depends on the area that I'm working with. Just have to make sure that the focus on each shot slightly overlaps the one before. Best results come from largest aperture (lowest number) for exposures. That leaves lots of bokeh in the image where you don't want the focus. The camera just has to be able to manually focus each shot.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't seen what my lens can do as far as creating bokeh. I know some are better than others.
Right now I only have kit lenses so they aren't very fast. I might try an extender just to see the affect.
I've got a prime lens on my wish list. I have thought of buying an adapter for a old Sekor f1.7 I have
as manual focus is needed.
Thanx for the tips.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I was reading some tips on stacked focus along with yours. One that I needed was the go to live screen mode and click the magnify button so the subject is larger and easier to focus. With my eye sight this will be a huge help.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics that thing is creepy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread