Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I was working getting an entry for this month's challenge at the Photogenius facebook group, when I came up with an idea. While going through some old pics from my Canon 300D, I had the idea to mix one of the images with a picture of the moon . . . making the moon appear to be underwater. Granted, my astral photography isn't all that great, but I had several workable images so I set out to make it happen.

In Affinity Photo I created a stack of two images, my sleeping duck and my moon picture. Tried it with the moon on top, not going to get close. Placed the moon under the duck image, picked "soft light" blend mode and got some benefit, but not quite right.

I tried different blend modes, and some were okay, but I could never get it just like I wanted. Then I decided to give "blend-if" a try - in conjunction with several different blend modes. It took some time finding the exact ranges to adjust but I was able to eventually work it out, and the "overlay" blend mode worked best. The result was what I was looking for.

"Blend if" allows you to pretty much "mix" what colors come through based on their luminosity.

Here's the result:

CRW_3074.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread