Waterproof PP for under $100

Skrimps

Feb 3, 2016
North Florida
Detector(s) used
LandRangerPro, Minelab GF40, Land or Sea Pinpointer, Truper Short Shovel, Harbor Freight Detector & Pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....seems to work well.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If most of your coins are near the surface the cheapest way to pinpoint them is with a simple screw driver and pop them out. But if you don't have the skill or a cheap detector without zero motion all metal, you're going to need $$$ electronic PP.
Pinpointer.JPG

captbo

Jan 1, 2015
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If most of your coins are near the surface the cheapest way to pinpoint them is with a simple screw driver and pop them out. But if you don't have the skill or a cheap detector without zero motion all metal, you're going to need $$$ electronic PP.
View attachment 1296747

HAs anyone done a video on how to use the screw driver,, I would like very much to learn this and of course practice it, Thanks

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like another knock off from China. If it's as good as the XPointer it may be a winner.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAs anyone done a video on how to use the screw driver,, I would like very much to learn this and of course practice it, Thanks

N5XTR

Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a weeding tool from ace hardware. Slightly curved on the end and makes for quick retrieval.

pACE3-964796enh-z7.jpg

Last edited:

Skrimps

Feb 3, 2016
North Florida
Detector(s) used
LandRangerPro, Minelab GF40, Land or Sea Pinpointer, Truper Short Shovel, Harbor Freight Detector & Pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pinpointer.jpg
Picked one up.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Sandman, only us old guys know the screwdriver popping business!! I don't think many newer hunters learn to pinpoint well enough with their machines to do it. I see soooo many pics and videos of people making a 6' diameter hole to find a coin at 3". My old screwdriver has nicely dulled rounded edges from wear and won't hurt a coin like a new screwdriver. For those who wish to get good at this technique I recommend a cheap screwdriver since it will wear down to smooth edges faster than a quality one. I don't like the weeders so much because the sharp pointy ends can easily damage a nice coin. Of course if you are after clad it doesn't matter.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of cheaper detectors don't have zero motion pinpointing so they aren't able to PP down to a dine size or they are to lazy and just want to stab that Lesche in the dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread