Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Questions on White's TRX Pinpointer

I understand the subject PP can be powered by either (1) 9-Volt battery or (2) AA's.

Questions follow.

#1..Does this PP have separate battery compartments with different style connectors for each battery type, or is there a single connector adaptable to both battery types ??

#2..If the (2) AA batteries are regular 1.5 volts each wired in series, that would equal a total of 3.0 volts of operating power, whereas a 9-volt battery would supply 3 x that amount of power, so wouldn't that equate to a much longer operating period ? A certain ad on the Internet states "Powered for up to 20 hours on two AA batteries or a single 9-volt battery.". How does that work ?

Thanks,

ToddB64

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1 1 battery compartment.....it comes with a little adapter sleeve thing.

#2 got me???

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...#2..If the (2) AA batteries are regular 1.5 volts each wired in series, that would equal a total of 3.0 volts of operating power, whereas a 9-volt battery would supply 3 x that amount of power, so wouldn't that equate to a much longer operating period ? A certain ad on the Internet states "Powered for up to 20 hours on two AA batteries or a single 9-volt battery.". How does that work ?

Thanks,

ToddB64

The TRX likely needs only about 3V to operate. The 9V battery is regulated down to 3V (my assumption). Also assuming that the two AA batteries offer a greater milliamp output than the 9V would (besides being cheaper & more common).
Part of the reason I just ordered a TRX instead of the Garrett, was that the TRX could use either battery. Also like that it (apparently) more accurately "points" to your target. ^_^

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of the reason I just ordered a TRX instead of the Garrett, was that the TRX could use either battery. Also like that it (apparently) more accurately "points" to your target. ^_^

I look at like the TRX is like a focused flashlight beam and the garrett is more like a flood light search pattern.

OP
OP
ToddB64

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Toothpick and pinenut for your replies !

ToddB64 :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread