Tenderfoot
Nov 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something is wrong with my Garret Pro Pointer... won't stop beeping

I have only had it for a few months, and only been able to use it a couple of times... I checked the battery, but nothing is wrong with it (it has a full charge) Pinpointer just keeps beeping & buzzing... If I turn it off for awhile, and then back on its normal, but only temporarily. Just defective? Or an easy fix?

I will try to get a video of it in a while

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not easy at all, contact Garrett and arrange for return. Alot of folks have had this issue including myself.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had two propointers and at 3 months they both crapped out. I would send it in, but I would expect it to happen again. Save yourself a lot of frustration and buy the whites trx. That's what I did after 2 propointers and a new orange model that is screwed up too.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had two propointers and at 3 months they both crapped out. I would send it in, but I would expect it to happen again. Save yourself a lot of frustration and buy the whites trx. That's what I did after 2 propointers and a new orange model that is screwed up too.

The carrot did the same thing too?

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The carrot did the same thing too?

Not exactly, it has lost sensitivity at the tip. It's most sensitive about an inch from the tip. A small target won't respond on tip at all but will about an inch up the shaft.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man it's a shame that there are problems with these Pro pointers I really like the working ones

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only had it for a few months, and only been able to use it a couple of times... I checked the battery, but nothing is wrong with it (it has a full charge) Pinpointer just keeps beeping & buzzing... If I turn it off for awhile, and then back on its normal, but only temporarily. Just defective? Or an easy fix?

I will try to get a video of it in a while

Mine did the same thing. Then I changed out the factory battery and it has worked perfectly.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine did this also . I cleaned off all the dirt and a new battery and it is fine now .

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a black one and it did the same there are issues with them grab it and flex it just a little and you will see where the problem is the little wire gets broke on the inside and shorts it out or something you can find the answer on youtube. I bought the carrot and love it performs good.

4Strokes1Pick&Poke

May 3, 2016
Arizona, California, Alaska, Oregon, Florida, Loui
Detector(s) used
Garret Pin pointer pro AT. "Other" methods.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I only need a pin pointer to locate high grade silver ore. I only collect from ore that sounds off like a car alarm or vibrates my arm off. It's the new garret AT model I believe orange and waterproof. Even with new battery after about 15 min I start getting a double beep, I thought the battery was low or it hit a magnetic zone.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have 2 propointers that did that and/or acted "quirky" Putting a quarter between the cap and the battery to make the battery connections firmer seems to have cured the problems as they've worked just fine ever sincel.
luvdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread