Deteknix Huntmate pinpointer

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000,Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200,Deteknix Huntmate pinpointer,Fiskars big grip knife,BH pinpointer,Ace "Little Pal" shovel and a homemade shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently purchased the Deteknix Huntmate pinpointer off Ebay from Serious Detecting for $60w/free ship.Started out with the Centec from Harbor Freight,then bought a BH pinpointer from Walmart.The BH was a real let down after the Centec,after a few mods to the Centec.Good 1.5 to 2 inches with the Centec compared to a 1/2 inch for the BH.I tried to modify the board on the Centec and must have got it to hot with the soldering iron and burnt a few resistors and it quit working.So I've been using the BH,it works with not alot of depth.My nephew recently got interested in metal detecting and I've been letting him use my BH 2200 but I only got the one pinpointer and I could see the frustration of him having to pick thru the dirt so I said he could use the BH pinpointer and I will buy me another one to use.First actual dig I took him to and he finds a 1863 merchant's token from Cincinnati.I'll post a pic below.So I'm chomping at the bit to get my new pinpointer and hope it lives up to it's few reviews that I seen.Should be here in a few days.I know it's the budget one of the line-up and I didn't want the rechargeable one and I have 6 rechargeable 9V batteries,2200 uses 2,Teknetics 4000 uses 1,pinpointers will use 2 so I have one in case one of the other's run's down while we're out.I always take a few extra regular 9V's just in case anyway.I didn't need the pinpointer to be waterproof either.I just really couldn't afford one of the Garretts or the other top pinpointer's at the moment so we'll see how well the Deteknix works.With the BH I need to find some way to stiffen up the sensitivity knob because sometimes you hit the side of the hole and it will turn and then you have to reset it,maybe oring or something just haven't tried anything yet.

Attachments

• 1863 Civil War token 2016-04-04 002.JPG
    1863 Civil War token 2016-04-04 002.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 297
  • 1863 Civil War token 2016-04-04 001.JPG
    1863 Civil War token 2016-04-04 001.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 268
OP
OP
D

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000,Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200,Deteknix Huntmate pinpointer,Fiskars big grip knife,BH pinpointer,Ace "Little Pal" shovel and a homemade shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing a lot of fake Garretts on Ebay coming out of China too so hopefully I'm getting a genuine Deteknix.China thinks they don't have to abide by USA patent laws.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my Deteknix HuntMate pinpointer today and like it so far.With the sensitivity turned all the way down,I can detect a nickle at 1-3/8",and at 70% sensitivity,2-1/4".That horseshoe I found at a good 5 or 6 inches at 70%.It's not made for digging in the dirt like the Garrett,I am going to see if I can find a vinyl or rubber cap to go over the end.I like it and can't wait to use it in the field.It also has a 3-way switch that lets you have the beep and vibrate,just the beep or just the vibrate.Say's the battery will last longer with just the beep.Longevity is what I'll have to wait and see with it.

Attachments

• Deteknix 001.JPG
    Deteknix 001.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 260
  • Deteknix 002.JPG
    Deteknix 002.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 265
  • Deteknix 003.JPG
    Deteknix 003.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 266

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see a side by side with the old Whites Bullseye. They sure look the same.

OP
OP
D

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see a side by side with the old Whites Bullseye. They sure look the same.

I started to get the White's Bullseye ll until I seen a few Youtube video's of it and the Deteknix Huntmate.The Deteknix had a little better range so I went with it.Both were on Ebay for $60w/free ship from different sellers.The Huntmate is not made for digging like the Garrett carrot.Probably couldn't take the abuse like the carrot or the Deteknix Xpointer.The Huntmate is not waterproof in anyway either so I'll have to watch that but for $60 I'm happy for the moment with it.For $30 more I could have got the Deteknix Xpointer Land,it's supposedly splash proof.But I'm happy with what I got.

OP
OP
D

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thing works really well.The more I use it the more I like it.Has a real good range.Still got to get my vinyl end cap for it,searching around trying to find one.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thing works really well.The more I use it the more I like it.Has a real good range.Still got to get my vinyl end cap for it,searching around trying to find one.

Home depot, chair leg bottoms is what I use.

OP
OP
D

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to try Lowes when I get to town,don't have a Home Depot close by.I'd like to have a long one,it's got to be .618" or 15mm inside diameter.I don't think it's tough enough to try digging with it like you would the Garrett carrot or similar.Definitely want to put an end cap on it.On the Huntmate,I just turn the sensitivity all the way down and still have plenty of range.Plus you just push the button and it stays on plus no fiddling with the sensitivity knob like the bounty hunter.

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to try Lowes when I get to town,don't have a Home Depot close by.I'd like to have a long one,it's got to be .618" or 15mm inside diameter.I don't think it's tough enough to try digging with it like you would the Garrett carrot or similar.Definitely want to put an end cap on it.On the Huntmate,I just turn the sensitivity all the way down and still have plenty of range.Plus you just push the button and it stays on plus no fiddling with the sensitivity knob like the bounty hunter.

Lowes also has them. They stretch a bit, so if it is real tight just put it in hot water and slip it on all the way.

OP
OP
D

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowes also has them. They stretch a bit, so if it is real tight just put it in hot water and slip it on all the way.

Thanks about the tip on the hot water,I'll try that if it's a little too snug to slide on there.

OP
OP
D

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to Lowe's and got a vinyl cap for the end.Used bowwinkle's advice and heated it up in a pan of hot water,it would not have went on there all the way if I hadn't.I was hoping they might have the 2 or 3 inch end cap's like I see on other website's but they didn't.I really like this pinpointer,if something is just 2 or 3 inches down,you can just find it with your pinpointer,no having to pick your big detector up while on your knee's and scan over the spot,you can just do it with the pinpointer.I have the sensitivity turned down as low as it will go,turn it up to 50% or higher and were talking about 5 or 6 inches.Now it does detect the whole length of the shaft,not just the end.

Attachments

• cap 001.JPG
    cap 001.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 234
  • cap 002.JPG
    cap 002.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 218
  • cap 003.JPG
    cap 003.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The next picture is we want to see that pile of yellow stuff it found for you. 8-)

OP
OP
D

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The next picture is we want to see that pile of yellow stuff it found for you. 8-)

Believe me,I'm trying just the good Lord hasn't seen fit for me to take the easy path yet.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the max distance it will hit a penny on full sensitivity? a video wud b nice.

OP
OP
D

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the max distance it will hit a penny on full sensitivity? a video wud b nice.

Penny is a tad over 1-3/4",horseshoe,what I had handy at the moment almost 5 inches.About 75% sensitivity,any farther and it will go to beeping.I didn't allow for the vinyl cap so in reality about 1-7/8" on the penny.

Attachments

• penny 001.JPG
    penny 001.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 217
  • penny 002.JPG
    penny 002.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 241
OP
OP
D

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, looks like I am stuck with my old TRX.

That would be my choice too,Whites TRX,thing is it cost more than I give for my Delta 4000.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I'm probably bragging up the Deteknix HuntMate but it's the best one yet for me anyway.

OP
OP
D

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Requested a sample of end caps made by stockcap.com,they have some 6 inches long,thing is I couldn't request length but could diameter so they sent me 2 black round ends and 2 red flat end caps.I appreciate the caps.I wish I could have requested the length,would have got a 2 to 3 inch one.

Attachments

• Vinyl Caps 001.JPG
    Vinyl Caps 001.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 183

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread