Land or Sea Pin Pointer

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't buy crap. Buy from a trusted sponsor.

Skrimps

Feb 3, 2016
North Florida
Detector(s) used
LandRangerPro, Minelab GF40, Land or Sea Pinpointer, Truper Short Shovel, Harbor Freight Detector & Pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I def wouldnt call the Land or Sea crap. Great pinpointer and awesome warranty service. I would take the "Celery" over the "Carrot" any day.

*Tho, I do agree on supporting the sponsors, when possible.(Kellyco is a sponsor and sells them)

Last edited:

Introfiant

Dec 22, 2015
OBX
Detector(s) used
CZ21, Excal, Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also use the Land or Sea pinpointer. Works great! Saved some money, got a good warranty. It uses pulse circuitry so it works great for salt water and mineralized dirt.

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought one did a 15 min hunt in my yard . here's the thing I need to open it up and wiggle the battery for it to come on then when I close it ,it shuts off . when a get it to work I hit select and it shut off, I can't even change the setting. I bought this cause it floats and I like the side light. I lost a Garrett in deep murky water.I'm not a dealer nor do I support any company I buy things that are good for me.why don't these manufacturer stop makein things complicated it's a pinpointer how many features do you need.make it simple and durable and reliable.I rid do research on this pinpointer which not much out there .I hunt in hunted out spots like everyone else so you need a pp.it's going back and going with old faithful.

Last edited:

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no clue.I tried it this morning and it worked great, took it on a hunt and let me tell you I put it to the test.I had to cross a river to get to a island ,it was five feet deep plus full of logs and branches .I kept it in the holster the whole time.soon as I got across I turned it on and it worked, so I went on with the hunt which was full of iron dug a ton of plugs and it worked great. after the hunt I had to cross the river again and it still worked . so I'll keep trying it out and keep post about it.you people say it's cheap, but it's 100 bucks for 30 dollars more you can get.

Skrimps

Feb 3, 2016
North Florida
Detector(s) used
LandRangerPro, Minelab GF40, Land or Sea Pinpointer, Truper Short Shovel, Harbor Freight Detector & Pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are having trouble with the battery making contact, the foam compression piece in the cap may not be enuf. You do not want to overtighten the cap to make the battery contact and over compress the waterseal(gasket). Water can get in the pinpointer if the cap is tightened too hard.

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't no if you read the issue I was having I could not get it to work. I also no about waterproof gaskets and how they work.it just wouldn't turn on so I open it up to get the battery lined up so it would come on ,then when I put the cover on it would shut off.it is not my first pp ,Garrett has the same problem with the foam on there's to.seems to me they should make a plug that snaps on the battery like the cheap ones that never have battery issue.all the same I used it today and it was find and now I love the thing.I must say I never used a pulse pinpointed ,maybe it had to reset it self all the same did not mean to vent but it is not all that cheap so if you pay forty dollars ,you get what you pay for.pay a 100 you should get something decent .so pardon my frustration ,but I'm a real person and this is a REAL review.so again I love the thing and would recommend it .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread