Got my Garrett Pro Pointer AT

muddyrock

Jun 19, 2016
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, got my Garrett Pro Pointer AT.. After two two trips out I am in love with it :headbang::headbang: I was using a Harbor Freight pin pointer and was not at all happy with it however it was better than nothing at times. Now that Harbor Freight pin pointer will sit on a shelf as a loaner:icon_thumleft:

mr

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT is a jack hammer! Very solid, won't let you down.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup, got my Garrett Pro Pointer AT.. After two two trips out I am in love with it :headbang::headbang: I was using a Harbor Freight pin pointer and was not at all happy with it however it was better than nothing at times. Now that Harbor Freight pin pointer will sit on a shelf as a loaner:icon_thumleft:

mr

I gave two Harbor Freight units away to my kids, along with two Tesoro Compadres. I've been quite happy with my TRX, but have since picked up a Carrot for backup. Harbor freight is fine for a starter, but quickly outgrown.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT is great. What I use. The quick retune is great. Cleaning it is simple. All in all great. I don't have a good basis for comparison

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

mr

It took you two trips to decide? lol The Garrett AT Pro Pointer is one heck of a good pin pointer! The new upgrades on it are spot on!

68kaiser

Feb 6, 2016
Northern California
Detector(s) used
F4, tesoro vaquero, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am using the harbor frieght as well. As said it is good to get you started.. I am about to cash out my clad finds to get a carrot. I can't wait to get it. Should help stop the agravation of pinpionting. I can only imagine how much better the at pro pointer is to use.

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a great pinpointer. Before I got mine I had found very little, but once I got my Propointer I started finding so much stuff. I would now never go detecting without it, and it is a really helpful tool. I really love my Garrett "carrot."

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
I got my first one in March and by August it wouldn't stop beeping. Garrett wasn't surprised and sent me a new one in September. Now that one is doing it. We're talking 5-6 light duty hunts so needless to say I'm not impressed with durability. Do yourself a favour and keep a back-up with you on your hunts.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't found that at all yet.
Only thing that's messed with mine during a hunt is a magnet.
Try it at home lol.
Sends the thing going nuts.
But other then that, never had an issue.

Favorite part after plasti-dipping it was that when I get home or every couple hunts I run it under the water and wash it off.

Been over a year and no issue with many many hunts.

Maybe battery choice?
My detectors get weird with some batteries after some time.
Or defective units and that sucks.
Happy hunting!!

Bigdob

Aug 1, 2016
IL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is less than a year old and started acting erratically, always having to retune , crazy beeping.
I finally broke down and called Garrett yesterday .
Very easy , got a return number and they should have it by Monday.
I'll let you all know how long the prosess takes and the end result, I'm guessing they just replace them with a new one.
When there working properly they are great, mine has lead me to well over 600 objects in several months.
BT

Mar 16, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO Internationa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion, that is the most robust and efficient. I look forward to seeing the new XP pinpointer but for now, Garrett's the best without a doubt ... but it's just my personal opinion! :)

MathewsZ7

Mar 29, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like mine, awesome underwater or in the fields. I like to keep the sensitivity low so it only beeps when really close to the target. Up to high and it makes the targets hard to find because it'll beep 5-6 inches away. I've used mine hard for over a year with zero issues.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread