Makro Pointer Review and Testing (video)

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently received the Makro Pointer to review and test. A long-winded review (as always)...but I try to make sure I covered everything.

Pros:
Well built
Easy to switch sens
2X plastic covers
Way better O-ring than the Carrot
Bright LED that can be turned off
Tone only mode (no vibrate)

Cons:
Beeps 5-6 times when you shut it off
Falses on sens 4 "sometimes" if held upwards (something I could not duplicate on video...but could in a dig later the same day)
Holster holds the pointer way too tight. Metal belt clip on holster does not stay on belt because of it...however it does has a "belt through" option as well.

I did not list the button p[lacement as a con...as I personally have no issue with them. I have seen others complain of location..so something to note.

The case is VERY nice...almost too nice. Not sure I ever see myself taking it outside the house to be honest. Seems posh...like a man-purse or something.

Enjoy...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great review! :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another great unbiased review dude. When it comes to the "ORANGE" Garrett, I take it you have never left your black pin pointer on the ground in the woods as you searched for the next target. "I did and it took me 45 minutes to find the old Garrett. I sure wished it was orange. I put some hot pink duct tape on it now if I am in the woods. The Carrot is my go-to and the Pro Pointer is a backup/loaner.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man. Orange is probably the most terrible color on the planet for my eyes. I have a pretty good track record of never losing my gear...hope it continues.

Now the red/black of that Deus pointer....I really like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread