Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makro PP. Only been metal detecting for a little over a month, and now own two. Liked the first one so much bought another one for my 6 year old grandson.
He likes going under bleachers and finding coins near the surface.

I love the four sensitivity settings. I start out on the most sensitive level 4 when first PP it in the hole. As I get closer to the target I'll change it to level one and if it bings then I know I am on top of the coin or whatever.

It's also waterproof. I have never owned another PP, but sure impressed with the Makro. Some people have complained about the control buttons being on the rear of the Makro. I find it no problem at all. Very easy to press the buttons even with gloves on. Around $125.00.

Fishingfromakayak

Nov 19, 2015
Mass
Detector(s) used
BH Shooter II, AT Pro, Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Vulcan 360 Pinpointer. $119
Pros- Seems durable
Works well
Been using the same battery since 12/2015
have dropped it several times and works like the day i got it.

Cons- I dont like the little screw that holds the battery cover on,,,, I'm gonna loose it for sure,,they do give you an extra screw,
- Sometimes when I push it into the holder it turns itself on

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had problems with the original Garrett Pro Pointer falsing quite a bit, but that problems seems to be fixed now.

I currently use the Garrett Carrot and am quite happy with it.

Do not buy off of Ebay, unless the seller has a near perfect score (and more than 10 or 20) would be my opinion. There are loads of knockoffs being sold on Ebay that look just like the real thing.

Alibaba is apparently another risky spot to buy these from too.

If you insist on buying from there, then at the very least get the serial number first and check it with the manufacturer to see if it's legit.

I go into the water to hunt, so the waterproof feature of more than 1'-3' is key to me.

For those complaining about the battery not working and having to adjust terminals, try a new battery.

For an example the Duracell 9v is something like 1/8" shorter than the Home Depot brand of 9v batteries, and this could help solve some of your problems.

I would avoid the Bounty Hunter one if you could afford something better, as I don't like how cheap it feels or the fact that the power button sits at the front of the machine.

You can easily turn the sensitivity up or down and not know it. The power button gets jammed with dirt quite easily, and is also a great source for the ingress of water..........which you can't really get this one wet.

I know this is an old post, but since people brought it back up again I thought I would throw in my two crusty pennies worth.

bghok

Greenie
Aug 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just recently got the Makro pinpointer and really like it.

Primus Palus

Apr 3, 2017
Denver, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett 1140900 Pro-Pointer AT Waterproof Pinpointing Metal Detector, Orange. $120 range, but shop around.

This thread is pretty old. I imagine the OP figured it out by now. But I second the AT pointer. Pretty amazing little tool. Without it I'd probably never find anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread