Minelab Equinox
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro-Pointer
White's Surfmaster Pro PI
Tesoro Cibola
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I primarily beach hunt and use the AT Pro and Garrett ProPointer AT. After about a year of using my ProPointer AT, I had completely wore down one side of the probe on the coarse sand so much, that it basically came to a point at the end. There were holes in it and I could see the dark sensor inside. It worked for a while like this then one day it would only alert if a metal target was touching it. So I bought a new one. No big deal. It's $127 and I've already found almost $900 just in clad this year. My wife said, "Why don't you return the old one since you've only had it 11 months." I thought there was no way they'd replace this one; It's beat to hell. Why Not? I sent it into Garrett and was expecting a letter saying that they can't replace the ProPointer because it's obviously had a pretty rough and busy life. LOL. Well, two weeks later I went to get my mail and they had replaced it. That's amazing and that's why I'll always use their products. It's rare these days for a company to go above and beyond but Garrett definitely appreciates their customers. Another time I had lost or dropped the plastic headphone port cover for my AT Pro and couldn't find any place to buy a replacement. I called Garrett and they sent me two replacement port covers and a 50th Anniversary Patch at absolutely no cost. If you're on the fence on which detector to buy, go with Garrett. They'll keep you satisfied.
Here's a piece of advice I'll give you also. Dip the top 3 inches of your PinPointer in plasti-dip by performix. It's only about $10 per can and it will prolong the life of your pointer dramatically.

muddyrock

Jun 19, 2016
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great to hear Garrett takes care of their customers! I also have the AT Pro and ProPointer and only having them less then a year this makes me happy.

Question on the performix, will it peel off and leave no residue?

OP
OP
SilverTone

SilverTone

Aug 18, 2015
John's Island, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro-Pointer
White's Surfmaster Pro PI
Tesoro Cibola
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is still holding steady so I really don't have an answer for you on that.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett is a bad company because their product lasts so long my wife wont let me upgrade. :laughing7: One of my 1st was an Ace 100 and still works fine. 8-)

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received my second Pro Pointer AT back from Garrett and my story is the same. repaired with no questions asked. They did however send along a little copy of the users instructions with a paragraph highlighted about not using your pin pointer as a digger LOL! I wore right through the tip on both of mine. I have been dealing with garrett for over 30 years and with the exception of one misunderstanding, all of my experiences with their customer service have been excellent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread