CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont use an extender but I do use it around structure such as metal tot lot equipment. It does have greater depth than other pinpointers on the market.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know that I'd ever need what's effectively a 1" coil with no ability to discriminate, but it sure is good at "pointing" directly at a target. The best use for my TRX is pointing exactly at shallow coin targets before I dig. Helps to dig a smaller plug, but the TRX really isn't as easy as other pinpointers to locate your target with, if it's in the side of your hole. After using both the "carrot" and the TRX for a while now, I prefer using the carrot. TRX is a little too directional, but is still a great backup pinpointer.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Put it in the hole and turn it on and it'll be just as easy to locate a target in the side of the hole.

I don't know that I'd ever need what's effectively a 1" coil with no ability to discriminate, but it sure is good at "pointing" directly at a target. The best use for my TRX is pointing exactly at shallow coin targets before I dig. Helps to dig a smaller plug, but the TRX really isn't as easy as other pinpointers to locate your target with, if it's in the side of your hole. After using both the "carrot" and the TRX for a while now, I prefer using the carrot. TRX is a little too directional, but is still a great backup pinpointer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread