toad1976

Greenie
Apr 18, 2014
Vancouver island BC Canada
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro and garrett at pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has any one ever had an issue with the light staying on all the time even when it's turned off? I have changed the batteries and it makes no difference. This is the second one to do this. The first one I sent back and it maybe had 4hrs of use on it. This one has about 15hrs of use and now it's doing it too. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first Garret PP, the black original was kaput out of the box. I sent my pp in and got it back about 10 days later. It was still kaput. I was finally able to get a hold of VP of sales who got me a new pp out right away. I still have that pp and it works like a champ. Something is wrong if the light stays on. Is it something you can live with?

OP
OP
T

toad1976

Greenie
Apr 18, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My concern is that it kills the batteries really fast when i am out on a hunt 3 or 4 hours and that I payed good money for it I called Garrett and they said to send it back to the company I got it from

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it a real Garrett Pro Pointer?

I ask because Garrett are usually good with offering free repairs for products that are still under warranty?

There is a flood of fakes out there, so perhaps that's why the suggested you take it back to where you bought it?

The LED draws very little power, but I wouldn't want mine left on all the time either for that exact reason.

OP
OP
T

toad1976

Greenie
Apr 18, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a real Garrett I bought it from a register dealer the same company that i bought my Euro ace and AT PRO from

OP
OP
T

toad1976

Greenie
Apr 18, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all your help I phoned the company where I got it from and they said to send it back to them.

Garrett531

Mar 22, 2017
Hilton, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had that problem. Maybe they had similar problems when they were made, kind of like a car recall.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get a working one yet.

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 and Tesoro Silver uMicromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get a working one yet.

I looked at a couple of sites. PP ratings aren't high on any of them. Kind of scary to drop $$$ on them and the aren't all that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sondog

Greenie
Feb 19, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta Fors Relic, Makro Red Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at a couple of sites. PP ratings aren't high on any of them. Kind of scary to drop $$$ on them and the aren't all that good.

Yep, I haven't seen one yet of any brand, that someone wasn't having a problem with...I agree 100+ for something that doesn't seem all that reliable, is a bit Scary. My Garrett, acts kind of wacky once in a while.. I've seen others with the same problem too.. I just live with it, LOL...

Primus Palus

Apr 3, 2017
Denver, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not to hijack your thread but I've been having problems with mine too. The light stays on then randomly goes off every so often (after turning it on and off a bit). It's now started beeping on its own. I Thought the battery was dying so I changed it. Keeps happening. It's not the, "hey I'm still here" alarm so you don't lose it. This happens after I check a hole and detect metal, then hold it away or place it down. It just starts beeping (this is with the vibration only setting on). I tried balancing it and it doesn't seem to fix it. I checked the manual and there's nothing similar in there.

suprdave

Aug 3, 2010
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had 3 of them and everyone of them had something wrong . the new one I am using sounds real squirrely,dont know how long it will last

strongarm18

Apr 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have the AT PP, but the original black PP (not the black PP II) and it has been fine for over five years now.
The only time a buddy of mine had an issue with his light was when it got wet.
Garrett still covered it under warranty and it's been working for over two years now. (A++++).

PSS-I just got the AT Pro detector and am in the market to buy the orange AT PP. Thoughts?! Yes, no, maybe?
:dontknow:

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first Garret PP, the black original was kaput out of the box. I sent my pp in and got it back about 10 days later. It was still kaput. I was finally able to get a hold of VP of sales who got me a new pp out right away. I still have that pp and it works like a champ. Something is wrong if the light stays on. Is it something you can live with?

in my experience with Garrett is there very good when it comes to their products, so they should of sent you a new one right away not fix yours and send it back let's keep it real people.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have two that were acting quirky. Both straightened out when I up a quarter under the cap to put a bit more pressure on the battery.
luvdux

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I have two that were acting quirky. Both straightened out when I up a quarter under the cap to put a bit more pressure on the battery.
luvdux

I think a quarter is over kill. Could cause too much pressure on something else. Try something like a piece of business card.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had nothing but problems with my black and orange pin pointers. I've sent them back 2 already and the black one is acting up again. I also find myself having to destroy a plug to get a signal, if something is even in there because you never know. Any suggestions of a better one?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions