Do not count out Deteknix pinpointers.

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got mine last year. Got tired of my Garret always falsing whenever I put pressure on the tip. Wasted a lotta time checking plugs that were empty. And there were lotsa times I'd hafta shut off my detector to use the Garrett...due to feedback. The X-Pointer has worked flawlessly. Best $89 I've spent in a long time. I'm a fan 😁 👍

CJayC

Jan 14, 2017
Auburn, WA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just started looking into this one, and it seems like it might be the one I get. Two things, though: does it feature the 360 detection or just the tip? Also, I know it's battery is rechargeable, but is it replaceable or can I use regular batteries instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought one maybe a month ago off Azon. Haven't received it yet. Got it for my cousin because the reviews I found said it worked to about 4" versus the 3" I'm getting with my carrot. Maybe I should give my own review after receipt.

davidharmier60

May 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please do! The very cheap detector I was gifted had me chasing signals that disappeared. A pinpointed would help for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
I bought my X 3 years ago for $60 ,works like new,just can't get it to close to my CTX because it makes the Minelab to go a bit wacky.

bilder

May 16, 2017
Southwest Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Teknetics Patriot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started looking into this one, and it seems like it might be the one I get. Two things, though: does it feature the 360 detection or just the tip? Also, I know it's battery is rechargeable, but is it replaceable or can I use regular batteries instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is 360 detection, tip and sides.

Worth the 89 bucks for sure.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bilder...
It's a 9v battery...just like the Garretts. On a side note...I also grabbed a Chinese knockoff of the Carrot on eBay...for $28. Nice, cheap backup that'll give u about 1.5 inches tip and 360. 😁

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

JBM

Nov 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are excellent value for money.:coffee2:

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am about to try one. I had the Fisher F-Pulse and it never worked out of the box so time to try another one. I gave my Garrett Carrot to my grandson and I still have my TRX which I like but the sound is so weak I can barely hear it. I clean the speaker all the time but it don't help anymore so I will use the TRX as a back up. So far most of the reviews have been positive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread