Vibra-I king 730 , a PI to test....... my first pinpointer.

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....With a plethora of pinpointers to purchase , I thought I would try a middle of the road price point pulse induction from Vibra-iking, model #730. The company products intrigued me with a number of features or , lack thereof ...... communicates by VIBRATION ONLY....no lights or "beeps" , the Pulse Induction , frequency unknown , is claimed to allow work in salt water or any kind of soil including black sand , detects ONLY at the tip , NO CONTROLES with no adjustments of any kind , claimed to be waterproof to 100 feet , no O-rings (has a unique battery compartment/body expanding plug) , no on/off switch to fail (tilt skyward to turn ON , point up again to turn OFF with vibration conformation) , Auto Off(fixed time, 1 min.after last detection) , runs on a single 9V battery hooked to a standard battery clip....no Springs , claimed weight without battery=230 grams(8.113 oz.) , 1year warranty and a decent holster.
The Chinese company TianXun claims to be the "originators of the vibrating pinpointer" with a few different models , all waterproof. This model 730 is in the $80 range...seems solid in my hand with good vibration felt even held with only two fingers through gloves. The tip measures appx. 2.5cm/1" and the whole unit is 14" long and is fitted with a dense foam hand grip. And Instructions in real English.
Initial air test ..... straight at the tip STAINLESS 3/4" disk, 1st reaction ~3". Side of tip , ~2.5"
Initial air test ..... straight at the tip clad copper penny, 1st reaction ~2" . Side of tip , ~3\4"
Initial air test ..... straight at the tip clad US nickel ~2" , side of tip ~1.25"
" " " ..... " " " " clad US quarter ~2.5" , side of tip ~3/4" to ~1"(dependant of year)
*.I don't have silver, gold or larger coins for further testing available.*
I will update this post as real-time testing/usage commences.

NOTE; I have no experience with a pinpointer and I am not affiliated with this manufacturer.

....Mark.

Last edited:

antigrav1117

Tenderfoot
May 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Largely regarded as junk- perhaps your experience will be better. A knockoff of the Vibra-Tector 740. A good exercise - check the reviews on Amazon from other purchasers. Best of luck! And hey- if it works it's all good right?

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had looked at the different Vibra models as above, and was very interested with the capabilities i.e. the price, but the waterproof thing was a factor. Let us know how it works over time

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a Vibraprobe 460. Second year I had it the vibrations became so weak you could not feel them. The unit would only made a weak buzzing sound. The darn thing was potted with epoxy and not repairable. I've had a TinyTec, Harbor Freight, Pistol Probe, and a Garrett Pro AT. The Pistol Probe is very good, however the handle/case looks like a a pistol and twice I have to explain it to the cops. Even put yellow reflective tape around the barrel to make it look different. Very happy with the Garrett Pro AT so far.

OP
OP
4x4x4

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....With a plethora of pinpointers to purchase , I thought I would try a middle of the road price point pulse induction from Vibra-iking, model #730. The company products intrigued me with a number of features or , lack thereof ...... communicates by VIBRATION ONLY....no lights or "beeps" , the Pulse Induction , frequency unknown , is claimed to allow work in salt water or any kind of soil including black sand , detects ONLY at the tip , NO CONTROLES with no adjustments of any kind , claimed to be waterproof to 100 feet , no O-rings (has a unique battery compartment/body expanding plug) , no on/off switch to fail (tilt skyward to turn ON , point up again to turn OFF with vibration conformation) , Auto Off(fixed time, 1 min.after last detection) , runs on a single 9V battery hooked to a standard battery clip....no Springs , claimed weight without battery=230 grams(8.113 oz.) , 1year warranty and a decent holster.
The Chinese company TianXun claims to be the "originators of the vibrating pinpointer" with a few different models , all waterproof. This model 730 is in the $80 range...seems solid in my hand with good vibration felt even held with only two fingers through gloves. The tip measures appx. 2.5cm/1" and the whole unit is 14" long and is fitted with a dense foam hand grip. And Instructions in real English.
Initial air test ..... straight at the tip STAINLESS 3/4" disk, 1st reaction ~3". Side of tip , ~2.5"
Initial air test ..... straight at the tip clad copper penny, 1st reaction ~2" . Side of tip , ~3\4"
Initial air test ..... straight at the tip clad US nickel ~2" , side of tip ~1.25"
" " " ..... " " " " clad US quarter ~2.5" , side of tip ~3/4" to ~1"(dependant of year)
*.I don't have silver, gold or larger coins for further testing available.*
I will update this post as real-time testing/usage commences.

NOTE; I have no experience with a pinpointer and I am not affiliated with this manufacturer.

....Mark.

UPDATE !
Had this "pinpointer" since May '17.
I tend to dig DEEP HOLES and I find the 14" length handy between rocks also , great for coins. The "pinpoint" range is less POINTY than I imagined though gets me where I need to be .....again , I have nothing to compare it to but it works for me. The 730 has a blunt tip with a plastic protector that seems to hold up to hard prodding and probing , moving soil and Trump fist sized stones aside without failing (yet).
NO buttons to push here ..... those that know me understand I like analog , SWITCHES ... tactile is for me and I don't like waiting for that incalculable moment that digital electronics take to power up . This unit is turned on and off by tipping it skyward...foreign to me but works infallibly and a quick flip satisfies. If holstered , it will power down in a minute or so with two long vibrations, an odd and sometimes startling feature as it rides at the low of my back on my "Bat Belt"
Grip is dense foam and I can imagine it will someday it will pack up with grit BUT the unit is waterproof and rinses clean quiet easily. The BODY at the grip is about 2" across , you cannot hold this thing "pencil style" but I've found myself easily holding the smaller lower extension that way when palm searching. The grip would also be fine submerged with gloves. The HOLSTER is great in that the entrance is slightly wider than the rest making for a "quick draw" and easy return with a snug final rest.
Battery life is surprisingly long considering a "transistor" 9V battery is spinning a motor with an off center weight. Today's cellphones have NOTHING on this vibration ! Using a good , name brand alkaline battery would be key here as I'm sure there are some parasitic losses in the on/off circuitry . I can't give the reader an educated guess on battery life....I can tell you the same cell has been in use since May (3 months) , with a few hunts a week. The battery compartment is simple and we'll thought out . An expanding (rubber?) plug seals the end of the cylindrical handle/battery compartment...no tabs to break off , no o-rings to loose or fail. The superior , cast 9V battery clip terminates longer than needed leads...well thought out.
Since this is my first foray into pinpointment , I can attest to crosstalk in close proximity to ANY detector and I learned quickly to park my favorite swinger two feet from the hole . . . This makes for a stretched out stance while dropping over/through the coil.
My solution is to park the 730 away from the hole , retrieve the coil and sift away. It works well alone in tot lots and dense foliage . I can also attest that the product WILL NOT HELP YOU if you forget your glasses .
I hope this description may help others looking outside the box.

Mark.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread