Happy with my Bounty Hunter pinpointed.

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still have the one I used when I first got into the hobby. It's better than nothing, but once you get a good quality one you will be astounded by the difference.

Bama Digger

Tenderfoot
May 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think some work better than others. I've got one. I had to use it when my Bullseye 2 broke before my new pp came in. I wasn't near as bad as I'd thought it would be.

blackrose

Oct 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
tesoro compadre
Are you talking about this one?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bounty-Hunter-Pinpointer/10629147

I'm considering buying it, don't have the $ to drop on a garret right now and im not ENTIRELY sure I even need a pinpointer.. though there's certainly been times it can be useful.

I'm using a tesoro compadre, and I'm wondering how does one match the discrimination for both your PP and your MD? Or do people not do that?

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have two pinpointers Vulcan I believe is at 12KHz pretty sure of it no one can reply to my thread but I get chatter with my Compadre, but will try it with my Bounty Hunter Pinpointer and see if I get cross talk.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the Makro PP, and the Garrett carrot. I prefer the Makro, hands down. Not as loud as the Garrett, and the Garrett may be a little deeper. But I love the easy sensitivity changes on the Makro. The orange colored Garrett is prettier, hard to lose it. I tote both on every hunt, but the Makro is pulled out 80% of the time.

I also turn my PP off as I move to another target, every time. Saves on battery and I don't find it an inconvenience. It just feels like the thing to do.

I have a BH on the way for my grandson.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread