Anything better for the price?

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tmp_28905-Screenshot_20171013-123512387033706.png

Anything better for the price for gold? Seems to fit the bill for the most part. But I have very little experience.

Last edited:

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good pinpointer, better prices to be had from dealers than Amazon.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Better for gold? Please clarify that statement. If you are looking for small pieces of natural gold, this won't help much IMO. This is the pinpointer I use, it works well, for metal detecting. If the target is really small, like a grain of rice (picker), these pinpointers won't find it easily. They find coins and objects of that size really well, but struggle on the tiny targets. You have to be right on top of the small target or it won't register.

Beware of cheap prices. Garrett does not let the dealers sell below a certain mark. This preserves the value for the dealer. If a dealer sold them too cheaply, then other dealers might not want to sell them, because they don't make enough profit, so the market becomes lopsided. This is bad for almost everyone involved.

Cheap price could also indicate a fake. Google: Caveat emptor.

Sorry to ramble on, I am getting old.

Best of luck to you sir!

OP
OP
oidium45

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better for gold? Please clarify that statement. If you are looking for small pieces of natural gold, this won't help much IMO. This is the pinpointer I use, it works well, for metal detecting. If the target is really small, like a grain of rice (picker), these pinpointers won't find it easily. They find coins and objects of that size really well, but struggle on the tiny targets. You have to be right on top of the small target or it won't register.

Beware of cheap prices. Garrett does not let the dealers sell below a certain mark. This preserves the value for the dealer. If a dealer sold them too cheaply, then other dealers might not want to sell them, because they don't make enough profit, so the market becomes lopsided. This is bad for almost everyone involved.

Cheap price could also indicate a fake. Google: Caveat emptor.

Sorry to ramble on, I am getting old.

Best of luck to you sir!

Thanks, i got the idea after watching someone looking for silver ore with one of these. He would use his detecter then while digging use the pinpointer to spot small ore samples in his hand or scoop. I was hoping perhaps it might work just as well for checking under larger river stone. But maybe not?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread