Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tek-Point has been delivered

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    773 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Gave the Tek-Point a good work-out. Most targets were detectable before any digging. Found a shallow coin spill and it made things easier for sure. Deep targets, too. I think one time in four hours I noticed the side detection. Certainly not a big deal if that is your buy/no buy decision. The tip is the hottest area anyway. I see how people swear by pinpointers--it's easy to get hooked on using it.

I've used other pinpointers and never would go never back to the weak ones. I like the horsepower.
    Last edited by signal_line; Apr 24, 2018 at 08:48 AM.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Mar 2007
    66 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    What kind of battery life can be expected with this pinpointer?

us
    Mar 2003
    Oregon & Texas
    Custom Designs and Prototypes
    790 times
    25 hrs on med sens, 40-ish on low sens. Assumes you pick either beep or vibe, but not both.

us
    Mar 2017
    Northern NY, USA
    Minelab Equinox 800, HF 9-Function md, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT PP
    119 times
    Just got my F-Pulse yesterday. Haven't used it outside yet. Definitely super sensitive...possibly too sensitive on high at least. Almost seems like it's picking up the batteries inside it. Finds a window mounted A/C unit from about 3 feet away. Then when I back away around 5 feet, it keeps slowly beeping, possibly picking up the ceiling fan 4 feet away, in the center of the room. Only way to stop it beeping is to quickly press the multifunction button to detune it a bit. Probably going to send it back to the vendor (and request a replacement F-Pulse) as it looked used when I pulled it out of the box.
    Using my Harbor Freight metal detector I found a cache of coins in a couple of spots situated within a few feet of each other.
    I ended up with 27 Walking Liberty half dollar coins, 97 Mercury dimes, 1 Morgan dollar, 1 Barber Half Dollar, 3 Liberty Head nickels, 1 Buffalo nickel, 15 mixed pennies (steel,& wheat), 2 flattened pennies with religious messages, and other silver US quarters and dimes, and 8 foreign coins. Detector has paid for itself

Just received a Minelab Equinox 800

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
    567 times
    Andy - I saw your post on another forum about your machine, so I went out and got a brand-new Tekpoint out of my detecting box and examined it ... here’s what I posted. I can’t say for sure yours has been “used”, but I doubt it based on what you described and pictured.

“I just opened a brand new Tek-pulse and it is in a clear plastic bag. The bag is slid into the “holster” along with instructions. The end is folded over but not taped or closed.

As far as the end cap, it is installed as part of the assembly process and a slip by the assembler could cause the marks you have pictured. The F-point I have used for some weeks has similar but less evident marks to yours, but I have had the cap off and on a few times.”
    Last edited by Rick K; May 13, 2018 at 09:35 AM.
    andygold likes this.

us
    Mar 2017
    Northern NY, USA
    Minelab Equinox 800, HF 9-Function md, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT PP
    119 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick K View Post
    Andy - I saw your post on another forum about your machine, so I went out and got a brand-new Tekpoint out of my detecting box and examined it ... here’s what I posted. I can’t say for sure yours has been “used”, but I doubt it based on what you described and pictured.

“I just opened a brand new Tek-pulse and it is in a clear plastic bag. The bag is slid into the “holster” along with instructions. The end is folded over but not taped or closed.

As far as the end cap, it is installed as part of the assembly process and a slip by the assembler could cause the marks you have pictured. The F-point I have used for some weeks has similar but less evident marks to yours, but I have had the cap off and on a few times.”
    I'm trying to effect an exchange right now on mine. It keeps locking up at random times while showing it to others, and it's not yet even hit the dirt. LED is on but probe just stops working, and button becomes totally unresponsive. Only way I've figured to get it working again is to loosen the cap, breaking battery contact, and then re-tighten the cap.
    Using my Harbor Freight metal detector I found a cache of coins in a couple of spots situated within a few feet of each other.
    I ended up with 27 Walking Liberty half dollar coins, 97 Mercury dimes, 1 Morgan dollar, 1 Barber Half Dollar, 3 Liberty Head nickels, 1 Buffalo nickel, 15 mixed pennies (steel,& wheat), 2 flattened pennies with religious messages, and other silver US quarters and dimes, and 8 foreign coins. Detector has paid for itself

Just received a Minelab Equinox 800

Charter Member

Dec 2017
    Southern Indiana
    AT/PRO
    83 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andygold View Post
    I'm trying to effect an exchange right now on mine. It keeps locking up at random times while showing it to others, and it's not yet even hit the dirt. LED is on but probe just stops working, and button becomes totally unresponsive. Only way I've figured to get it working again is to loosen the cap, breaking battery contact, and then re-tighten the cap.
    Same problem here sent mine back for repair or exchange.

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    773 times
    Yeah, there is a bit of a learning curve how to press the button. My guess you got lost cause it happened to me once. Take a breath and slow down. Not a bad idea to navigate through all the selections a couple of times so you get the lay of the land.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links