Mar 29, 2017
Northern NY, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800,
HF 9-Function md,
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andy - I saw your post on another forum about your machine, so I went out and got a brand-new Tekpoint out of my detecting box and examined it ... here’s what I posted. I can’t say for sure yours has been “used”, but I doubt it based on what you described and pictured.

“I just opened a brand new Tek-pulse and it is in a clear plastic bag. The bag is slid into the “holster” along with instructions. The end is folded over but not taped or closed.

As far as the end cap, it is installed as part of the assembly process and a slip by the assembler could cause the marks you have pictured. The F-point I have used for some weeks has similar but less evident marks to yours, but I have had the cap off and on a few times.”

I'm trying to effect an exchange right now on mine. It keeps locking up at random times while showing it to others, and it's not yet even hit the dirt. LED is on but probe just stops working, and button becomes totally unresponsive. Only way I've figured to get it working again is to loosen the cap, breaking battery contact, and then re-tighten the cap.

Herbie1955

Dec 30, 2017
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT/PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to effect an exchange right now on mine. It keeps locking up at random times while showing it to others, and it's not yet even hit the dirt. LED is on but probe just stops working, and button becomes totally unresponsive. Only way I've figured to get it working again is to loosen the cap, breaking battery contact, and then re-tighten the cap.

Same problem here sent mine back for repair or exchange.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, there is a bit of a learning curve how to press the button. My guess you got lost cause it happened to me once. Take a breath and slow down. Not a bad idea to navigate through all the selections a couple of times so you get the lay of the land.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions