signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haven't used it outdoors, maybe should find a planter indoors. LOL When i turned the unit on I was going to test it on a metal object but it started to slowly beep. I thought something might be wrong. Then I noticed I was about a foot away (more or less) from our dishwasher! That was at medium power. Like the instructions say, if the target is three inches or less deep you can pinpoint before digging. Sweet!

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice to see another quality pointer on the market.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only spent a few minutes with it, but I do like the proportional beeping (beep rate increases as you near the target). Maybe just me or didn't get enough time on it (like five minutes), but it appears the lowest power level has been reduced a bit compared to the videos I watched. Now about even with other pinpointers I've used at full power. So if you don't like power you can always turn it down to level one. LOL Also seems like the tip is a bit more sensitive than the sides.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody who has one, see how it works on a small piece of gold, a few grains.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2.8 grains gold about one inch. Might work for gold crevice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the proportional beep. Have to get it close to the target to get the solid beep. Easy enough to bench test a few targets to see where that line is. So that last inch (for coin-sized target) is a good way to measure how close to the target it is so you don't scratch it. So if it's still beeping you know you have at least one inch to dig. Solid beep, one inch or less depending on where the power level is set. Now big targets, well...LOL A cast iron wood stove hits from two feet on high power level. LOL And maybe six inches of solid beep. This is a metal detector that wants to be a pinpointer.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUMP LOL

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'll quit talking about this one. All I can say is if you are in the market for something that works, you should check it out. So far the best thing about it is you can pinpoint before digging many targets. The double D coil I use does not do well on shallow targets. The Tek-Point just kills them. Really a bit surprised nobody is talking about it. And I love that proportional beep. They hit that one.

SteveJJ

May 18, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this detect on the side too, or just the tip?

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It detects on the sides as well.
Same unit as the Fisher F-Pulse except one's red and the other's green.
They are pulse induction units rather than very low frequency.
I love my F-Pulse so far. Much deeper and sensitive than my Garrett.

andygold

Mar 29, 2017
Northern NY, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800,
HF 9-Function md,
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'll quit talking about this one. All I can say is if you are in the market for something that works, you should check it out. So far the best thing about it is you can pinpoint before digging many targets. The double D coil I use does not do well on shallow targets. The Tek-Point just kills them. Really a bit surprised nobody is talking about it. And I love that proportional beep. They hit that one.

You mention the proportional beep like it's a new thing. What's different about the beep compared to a Garrett? Also, is the Tek-Point any different than Fisher's new probe?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tek-Point & F-Pulse are identical, cept for the color.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mention the proportional beep like it's a new thing. What's different about the beep compared to a Garrett? Also, is the Tek-Point any different than Fisher's new probe?

I just said i like the proportional beep. Don't really know how to describe it. It is consistent/smooth, starts out real slow.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gave the Tek-Point a good work-out. Most targets were detectable before any digging. Found a shallow coin spill and it made things easier for sure. Deep targets, too. I think one time in four hours I noticed the side detection. Certainly not a big deal if that is your buy/no buy decision. The tip is the hottest area anyway. I see how people swear by pinpointers--it's easy to get hooked on using it.

I've used other pinpointers and never would go never back to the weak ones. I like the horsepower.

Last edited:

dingode

Mar 28, 2007
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of battery life can be expected with this pinpointer?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
25 hrs on med sens, 40-ish on low sens. Assumes you pick either beep or vibe, but not both.

andygold

Mar 29, 2017
Northern NY, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800,
HF 9-Function md,
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my F-Pulse yesterday. Haven't used it outside yet. Definitely super sensitive...possibly too sensitive on high at least. Almost seems like it's picking up the batteries inside it. Finds a window mounted A/C unit from about 3 feet away. Then when I back away around 5 feet, it keeps slowly beeping, possibly picking up the ceiling fan 4 feet away, in the center of the room. Only way to stop it beeping is to quickly press the multifunction button to detune it a bit. Probably going to send it back to the vendor (and request a replacement F-Pulse) as it looked used when I pulled it out of the box.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andy - I saw your post on another forum about your machine, so I went out and got a brand-new Tekpoint out of my detecting box and examined it ... here’s what I posted. I can’t say for sure yours has been “used”, but I doubt it based on what you described and pictured.

“I just opened a brand new Tek-pulse and it is in a clear plastic bag. The bag is slid into the “holster” along with instructions. The end is folded over but not taped or closed.

As far as the end cap, it is installed as part of the assembly process and a slip by the assembler could cause the marks you have pictured. The F-point I have used for some weeks has similar but less evident marks to yours, but I have had the cap off and on a few times.”

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread