GP Pointer Garrett clone

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everybody! After 2 purchases of the GP pointer from the same seller, I finally got a good one! The 1st two were from an ebay seller in Cali. Best airtest was barely 1" on a dime. After getting refunded for my defective items, I purchased another one from a seller in Texas. This one actually works quite well! I get about 2" on a dime and a bit more on a quarter. For $38 I am pleased with it. Works great, having never owned an actual Garrett carrot to compare it to. I cannot justify spending the $ on the Garrett, considering I purchased a Tesoro Compadre detector for about $30 more! Just thought I would share my experiences.

Attachments

• 1519012218119.jpg
    1519012218119.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 119

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have two. Gave one to my Daughter...and she reports about the same as your new one. Haven't unboxed the second one yet...my X-pointer is working too well. 😁

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure that this isn't waterproof, so for those that are interested you should keep that in mind.

$38.00 seems like a good deal "if you get a good working one", but having used a faulty Garrett Pro Pointer and knowing the frustration it caused me until I got it fixed, there is no way that I will chance this GP Pointer for fear of the same thing.

I waste enough money on fast food, and other frivolous items, that a few skipped snack or toys and I can have the real thing.

Good luck to those that buy one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread