Sparkster

Greenie
Feb 22, 2018
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never mind. I just watched the instruction video on the Garrett web site, and it confirmed that mine is not working as it should.
I'll just return it for one that does.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Did they give you a new one? Did any detect stainless? If they can’t detect stainless, they won’t pick up a gold ring.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have 8 SS screws In My back from L3&4 to L5& S1 and my detector will not pick them up. Probably nothing wrong. Side note: I've got 4 detectors and same results.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stainless steel is an alloy of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, and stainless alloys vary quite a bit. Most stainless is low-conductive and difficult to detect, and some stainless alloys can be completely invisible to particular detectors. It tends to vary with frequency, so a particular alloy might be invisible at 12kHz (the carrot frequency) but detectable at a lower or higher frequency.

My guess is if your carrot is detecting most other items just fine, a new carrot won't solve this problem. Those brads might be invisible to 12 kHz. Since it's 5 months later, maybe Sparkster can offer an update.

lucky92

Nov 30, 2017
Jefferson City missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites classic sl, Garrett 350, mx sport, equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine has 2 replaced knees and mine will pick them up but won't pick-up the titanium in my neck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread