Any F-Pulse Users Here?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tek-Point does the same thing--no confirmation beep after ground adjustment, but it does adjust.

OP
OP
M

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Tek-Point does the same thing--no confirmation beep after ground adjustment, but it does adjust.

I suspected that. I wonder how long you're supposed to hold the tip down. The method for the GB is identical to a fast detune.

Thanks for letting me know my new one isn't flawed.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an instant press.

I think a confirmation beep would confuse things--make you think it turned off.

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*Sigh* no, the manual was NOT supposed to say that. Hold the tip to the ground, quick-press the button, it's done in 128 milliseconds. No confirmation beep. Same for detune.

andygold

Mar 29, 2017
Northern NY, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800,
HF 9-Function md,
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been deciding between the F-Pulse and the Garrett AT. I've only used a PP once, so I have no real experience with these devices. With that said, it seems the Fisher/Technetics has a bit of an edge on depth...and I'm thinking that may be a bad thing. If the plug is out of the hole and I'm in the hole looking around, I'm thinking I'm going to get a reading on one wall, while the coin may be in the opposite wall, no? I'm thinking that using a deeper reading probe might be counterproductive once you are in the hole. I realize deeper might be better if trying to locate something BEFORE you start to dig, but I wonder about using it after digging. Can anyone compare their "find" speed using the Fisher vs. the Garrett AT? Again, I have extremely little experience with pinpointers, but I'm wondering if the Fisher might slow things down.

Also, if you turn the Fisher on in max sensitivity, how easy/difficult is it to get to a less sensitive mode? Is this something that can be done for every hole, or would it be too much trouble to go back and forth from max to less-than-max for every hole?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, might be too hot for you. But you can always try the lowest power setting until you feel comfortable with the power. Honestly, high power is not like it's totally overwhelming or something.

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I'm glad you like it :icon_thumleft:

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll second that. I have been through all the major pinpointers, including all those released up to last year and have settled on the Tek-Point and TRX as my go to pinpointers. Detection depth is what mattered most to me, and none are better than these two in that department. The way I look at it, you can always scale that down if you don't want so much of it, but you can't push the others past their limits in situations where you might want more depth. I like being able to determine to the greatest distance possible how far from the target I am. I like being able to locate a good lot of targets above the ground before I begin digging. Thats what Tek-point has allowed me to do. Up to the tek-point, first Texas wasn't even on the radar with pinpointers. Now, in my opinion they've broken through into the top tier.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I called Fisher about my F-False and it's constant chatter. The guy I spoke to knew very little about these units and really didn't have any options to try and calm the thing down.

I also provided the serial number as knew the 1st gens were a little chatty and he said mine a second gen.....soooo. there's a problem somewhere and honeslty I want it fixed. I don't know who to talk to in the company but my reviews for this pinpointer are very terrible! It's a shame too because I like the heavy build quality and feel of the thing but I'm so much more efficient with my Garrett Carrot!

OP
OP
M

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I called Fisher about my F-False and it's constant chatter. The guy I spoke to knew very little about these units and really didn't have any options to try and calm the thing down.

I also provided the serial number as knew the 1st gens were a little chatty and he said mine a second gen.....soooo. there's a problem somewhere and honeslty I want it fixed. I don't know who to talk to in the company but my reviews for this pinpointer are very terrible! It's a shame too because I like the heavy build quality and feel of the thing but I'm so much more efficient with my Garrett Carrot!
58127446537__EC854DD3-E7FB-4A07-B57B-B1898A90E60C.JPG Which spring type does yours have?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread