Cache-Pro Deluxe pinpointer

ellobo12001

Tenderfoot
Feb 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This reportedly is an enhanced ground probe with the ability to discriminate ferrous and non-ferrous targets close to probe tip. The web site is completely non functional with the exception of the purchase icon which will gladly take your money should you want to buy one. It appears impossible to contact anyone via email or landline, therefore it would seem unlikely for any warranty if one were to purchase. Anyone have any experience with this product or the company who manufactures? Better yet, has anyone been able to get in contact with anyone associated with this?

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cache Pro is made by Allen Hametta, who is the "AH" in the AH-Pro detector company from the 70's. The AH-Pro was an off-resonance design that was one of the first discriminating detectors ever marketed. The Cache Pro is a modernized version of the same design. On the up side, it can discriminate and it also has a super-slender probe you can stick into the ground without digging a hole. On the down side, you pretty much have to touch the target to detect it. I used to email Allen on occasion, but not in several years.

OP
OP
E

ellobo12001

Tenderfoot
Feb 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cache Pro is made by Allen Hametta, who is the "AH" in the AH-Pro detector company from the 70's. The AH-Pro was an off-resonance design that was one of the first discriminating detectors ever marketed. The Cache Pro is a modernized version of the same design. On the up side, it can discriminate and it also has a super-slender probe you can stick into the ground without digging a hole. On the down side, you pretty much have to touch the target to detect it. I used to email Allen on occasion, but not in several years.
I went back to the website today and verified that none of the links appeared to be working. Also tried the phone number listed which was transferred to a full voicemail box. So, I guess there is no way to contact this company or the individual you noted. Seems like this could be a good accessory to have.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco also sells them.

dgerst

Dec 9, 2008
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Multi Kruzer, Teknetics Patriot, Bandido II μMax, Tejon, Deeptech Vista Warrior, Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got one and yes you do have to nearly touch the target. I've used it some to weed out nice sounding rusty washers and the like. Their website is showing an updated Elite model with more depth. Looks like the Minelab Pro Find 35 might make it obsolete though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ellobo12001

Tenderfoot
Feb 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It seems like the real advantage would be to discriminate the target with a probe instead of digging a large hole, which could be a real advantage when searching manicured lawn's. Kelleyco has noted that the probe is "out of stock", so I imagine it may well be the last heard of the cache Pro probe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread