What do you DIS-like about your TRX? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What do you DIS-like about your TRX?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    JHK
    us
    Mr

Sep 2018
    Wichita Kansas
    CTX3030. E-Trac. F75+. T2+. Vaquero
    14 times
    Metal Detecting
    The First Texas PI units are the best for sensitivity and build. Have owned all of the high end units and found the Tek-Point or F-Pulse to be superior. Also like that they run on AA batteries. So far so good!

us
    May 2009
    Mercer county, Pa
    Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
    98 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I have both the TRX and a Garrett, the TRX is the first go to, Garrett is my backup.

us
    HMFWIC

Nov 2007
    Griffin, GA
    Whites Surf PI, Whites V3i, Minelab Equinox 800
    84 times
    TRX... beats the orange carrot any day
    Never play Leapfrog with a Unicorn!

us
    Dec 2015
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    Golden uMax/CleanSweep coil, Lobo ST, SandShark, Silver Sabre uMax, Silver uMax, & Sidewinder. Fisher F19. Metal Vision Surface Detector. DRS Ground Exper. ProPointer, Whites TRX, VibraProbe.
    I carry a Vibra-Probe and fiberglass hand probe in one hand and tether my TRX on a retractable T-Reign key keeper on my belt. When I hit a target, I check it first with the Vibra-Probe which signals at tip within 1/2"-3/4" of target. If I get signal, I place the hand probe directly on the target, slide to side, and pop it out. If V-P doesn't hit, I reach for TRX which will usually reach 1.5"-3" depth. A quick scan with TRX usually reveals wider signal at tip. Quick pop on switch ratchets down the signal one pop at a time until tip indicates coin size area, hit it with the hand probe, and pop it out. If I have to widen the bottom of the hole with my hand probe, I insert the V-P to find the target and pop it out with the hand probe. I usually average 15-20 good targets per hour with this recovery technique in parks and sport fields without ever digging holes or tearing up grass. I've owned other name brand pinpointers with side detection, but they slowed me down.

Aug 2015
    11 times
    I tell you what I dislike is having to keep sending mine in I have sent mine 3 times in less than a year. It there now. Not much faith in there repair center they only give you 90 days warranty after repair if you are out off regular mfg warranty I have bought tek point and so far u like it .

Charter Member
    us
    John

Feb 2013
    Arkansas
    I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, Nokta Anfibio, Equinox, Vaquero, White’s TRX
    1542 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I dislike that it sometimes goes crazy and I have to restart it and it isnít fully waterproof. The other thing is that you canít find them anymore!

us
    Jan 2017
    northeast Ohio
    Equinox 800 and Fisher F5
    96 times
    I plain cannot hear the audio on the TRX with my headphones on. I have no problem with the carrot or pinpointer 11.

Jan 2021
    12 times
    I hate how you can't completely turn the sound off, even in silent mode. Still makes a loud beep when you turn it on/off, which is a lot. You could bust the speaker or de-solder it but I don't want to risk damaging other functions!

Oct 2019
    NY/PA Border
    Nox 800 CTX 3030 Simplex
    607 times
    Metal Detecting
    I had a carrot and it was going on 6 years old so decided to try a TRX. I immediately regretted that decision and bought another carrot and sold the trx. How anyone can like the trx blows my mind but to each their own

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links