Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: New Fisher F-Pulse???????

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2017
    Northern NY, USA
    Minelab Equinox 800, HF 9-Function md, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT PP
    88 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

New Fisher F-Pulse???????

Just received a Fisher F-Pulse in the mail today. Got it from a vendor on this forum. Besides the Fisher box being crushed (it had been placed in a vinyl mailing envelope with no protection), the end cap looks like this.

Has anyone else received one with an end cap that looks similar? Mine looks like the cap has been put on & taken off many, many times with a screwdriver, or something much smaller than a quarter, that has really buggered up the slot. Inside the box, the probe was sitting in a clear plastic bag that was open, and not sealed or taped in any way. Basically, there was nothing keeping the probe in the bag, except for the box. There is also a black stain on the side of the probe. Otherwise, it does not look like it's been used in the dirt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180512_191532.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	1589394Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180512_191539.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	1589396

I'm just trying to determine if this thing was played with a few times, or returned or something else before I received it (or possibly a refurb).

The images should be clickable to enlarge them.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
    Last edited by andygold; May 12, 2018 at 06:58 PM.
    Kray Gelder likes this.
    Using my Harbor Freight metal detector I found a cache of coins in a couple of spots situated within a few feet of each other.
    I ended up with 27 Walking Liberty half dollar coins, 97 Mercury dimes, 1 Morgan dollar, 1 Barber Half Dollar, 3 Liberty Head nickels, 1 Buffalo nickel, 15 mixed pennies (steel,& wheat), 2 flattened pennies with religious messages, and other silver US quarters and dimes, and 8 foreign coins. Detector has paid for itself

Just received a Minelab Equinox 800

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    2947 times
    Metal Detecting
    Andy, you have a valid concern. Doesn't matter what the product is. If you believed, or were told you were buying a new factory product, what you received is not that. Get on the phone to this vendor, and demand a new, unopened, still in the box unit.
    Possum and sprailroad like this.

Lying is now the norm. The truth is not only unwelcome, it is offensive.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    13015 times
    Banner Finds (5)
    Makes me suspicious also, however, I've seen some manufacturers "dumb down" their products with cheap parts. I'd call the dealer.
    Possum likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    Etrac, F75, AT Pro.
    1949 times
    So what frequency does the F-Pulse operate at?

us
    Mar 2017
    Northern NY, USA
    88 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    So what frequency does the F-Pulse operate at?
    I don't know the specific frequencies offhand, but you have a choice of multiple frequencies. If it interferes with your metal detector, you can select a different frequency on the pinpointer, to find one that does not interfere.
    Possum likes this.
    Using my Harbor Freight metal detector I found a cache of coins in a couple of spots situated within a few feet of each other.
    I ended up with 27 Walking Liberty half dollar coins, 97 Mercury dimes, 1 Morgan dollar, 1 Barber Half Dollar, 3 Liberty Head nickels, 1 Buffalo nickel, 15 mixed pennies (steel,& wheat), 2 flattened pennies with religious messages, and other silver US quarters and dimes, and 8 foreign coins. Detector has paid for itself

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
    456 times
    I just opened a brand new Tek-pulse and it is in a clear plastic bag. The bag is slid into the “holster” along with instructions. The end is folded over but not taped or closed.

As far as the end cap, it is installed as part of the assembly process and a slip by the assembler could cause the marks you have pictured. The F-point I have used for some weeks has similar but less evident marks to yours, but I have had the cap off and on a few times.
    Last edited by Rick K; May 13, 2018 at 09:35 AM.
    andygold likes this.

us
    Mar 2003
    Oregon
    Custom Designs and Prototypes
    440 times
    Andy, the battery cap is made of hard stainless steel and the machining process to cut the slot can cause this. I'd have to look at more caps to be sure, but that's what I recall.

Rawhide, the default pulse period is 400us so 2.5kHz. Each offset click adds 1 us, so 2.41kHz is the min.

us
    Mar 2012
    Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
    Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3). Detecting since 1972.
    473 times
    I agree with Carl. That looks like a poorly machined cap. Have them send out a new one.
    Possum likes this.

us
    Mar 2003
    Oregon
    Custom Designs and Prototypes
    440 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
    I agree with Carl. That looks like a poorly machined cap. Have them send out a new one.
    I suspect they are all similar. Again, I need to check. The cap was originally aluminum but proved not to be durable enough so we switched to stainless. The price went up considerably because both the blanks and the machining cost more. In the end, we're not getting nor are we paying for Swiss watch precision machining. I will however push a bit to get a better looking finish.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    Hendersonville , TN
    Garrett AT PRO, FISHER F75 Limited Edition, Teknetics EuroTek Pro, Garrett Ace150, 250,400i, Minelabs E-trac, Minelabs Equinox 600, Whites 6000D, DFX Pro,Bounty Hunter All -out of text space.
    176 times
    If this quality control imperfection is ok by Fisher.. I can't help but wonder what other imperfections are lurking on the inside ...

us
    Mar 2017
    Northern NY, USA
    88 times
    OP here. Decided to bring the PP to the monthly meeting of the local MD club I'm a member of. Wanted to do a bit of "show and tell" with my new PP and Equinox 800 MD, as I'm the only one there with these two devices.

After last night's exhibition, I don't think many members are going to be switching to the F-Pulse. Mine has to go back, unless there is a user fix for the issue I'm now seeing...

When the PP is on, many times it can not be turned off. It just seems to freeze with the LED on, but it stops detecting anything...it just goes silent, and locks up. So basically, If I'm in the hole using the PP, I'd have no idea it's stopped working, until I take it out of the hole and touch it to something metal like my MD sitting nearby, and realize it's not working. The multifunction button becomes totally unresponsive.

The only way I've figured out how to remedy the lock-up is to loosen the cap until it breaks contact with the batteries. Screwing it back on makes the probe work again, until it decides to lock up once more. I'm starting to wonder if all the marks on the cap are from a previous owner having to remove and retighten the cap multiple, multiple times before I received it. It also appears from doing some more forum surfing that this locking-up issue is not only happening on my PP.

I asked the vendor I purchased it from for an exchange, but he seems to have decided this is not something he wants to handle, directing me to contact Fisher. Fisher says they will help me, but they need to "get to the bottom of this", and to "be patient". I'll give it a few days and then contact my credit card company, as I don't want to get stuck with defective, and possibly returned/refurbished merchandise. Obviously, as you can see I'm not a happy consumer!
    Last edited by andygold; May 15, 2018 at 08:49 AM.
    Possum and sprailroad like this.

Charter Member
    us
    I don't do this because I like it. I do this because I love it!

Apr 2017
    Southwestern CT
    Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F44, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
    1364 times
    Metal Detecting
    I've dealt with Fisher's customer service in the past. They were excellent, and resolved my issue to my complete satisfaction. They did insist that I send them my detector to properly diagnose the situation. They replaced mine with a brand new one. Best of luck. That's a bummer.
    Possum and Rick K like this.

Mar 2018
    15 times
    You should state which dealer it was who has opted to leave you in the lurch like this so others can opt to not get stuck like this as well.

New or not, your not happy and it's their responsibility to make you so.
    AurumHunter024 and sprailroad like this.

us
    Jul 2010
    238 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andygold View Post
    OP here. Decided to bring the PP to the monthly meeting of the local MD club I'm a member of. Wanted to do a bit of "show and tell" with my new PP and Equinox 800 MD, as I'm the only one there with these two devices.

After last night's exhibition, I don't think many members are going to be switching to the F-Pulse. Mine has to go back, unless there is a user fix for the issue I'm now seeing...

When the PP is on, many times it can not be turned off. It just seems to freeze with the LED on, but it stops detecting anything...it just goes silent, and locks up. So basically, If I'm in the hole using the PP, I'd have no idea it's stopped working, until I take it out of the hole and touch it to something metal like my MD sitting nearby, and realize it's not working. The multifunction button becomes totally unresponsive.

The only way I've figured out how to remedy the lock-up is to loosen the cap until it breaks contact with the batteries. Screwing it back on makes the probe work again, until it decides to lock up once more. I'm starting to wonder if all the marks on the cap are from a previous owner having to remove and retighten the cap multiple, multiple times before I received it. It also appears from doing some more forum surfing that this locking-up issue is not only happening on my PP.

I asked the vendor I purchased it from for an exchange, but he seems to have decided this is not something he wants to handle, directing me to contact Fisher. Fisher says they will help me, but they need to "get to the bottom of this", and to "be patient". I'll give it a few days and then contact my credit card company, as I don't want to get stuck with defective, and possibly returned/refurbished merchandise. Obviously, as you can see I'm not a happy consumer!
    I feel your pain! My first F-Pulse did the exact same thing, within a week of ownership. Fisher did have me send it in(at my cost) and a replacement was sent. The second one did the same thing on my first actual hunt. I talked with three different phone reps about this one. I discovered there was looseness inside when I shook the pointer, telling me the batteries weren't tight. I was able to get the little spring stretched in the cap and get a consistent operation, but the sensitivity in depth dropped compared to the first F-Pulse. This F-Pulse is no better than my Garretts Carrot, and I can't be certain that it stays fully operational all during a hunt.

I gave Fisher that information, and was told they would watch the assembly line for a "hotter" unit. I've not heard anything back since then. My first impressions with the first F-Pulse was absolutely wonderful until the lockups, and then especially dismayed after the second one stumbled and dropped sensitivity.

I am hoping they will come through and the third unit is a good one. Having to physically stretch that spring on a brand new unit indicates a quality control issue by itself.

Is there a point in time with bad customer satisfaction that a manufacturer will give a refund?

us
    Nov 2011
    474 times
    I would try to run through the different frequencies to see if you can find something hotter. I don't know, just something to try.
    If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

My new motto: L-rods are obsolete.

Like Cappy sings with his harmonica, "We're all gonna die, but not tonight."

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links