$50> pinpointer
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: $50> pinpointer

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2018
    7 times
    Coin roll hunting

$50> pinpointer

i know there is a master thread, but I have different criteria. I need a pin-pointer that works and will continue to work, that's pretty much it. One i found was: https://www.amazon.com/Pinpointer-Me...npointer&psc=1 does this look ok? Do you guys have any suggestions, it isn't worth it to spend more than 50, if i only use it a couple times a month. Thanks for any suggestions.

us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    4983 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker810 View Post
    i know there is a master thread, but I have different criteria. I need a pin-pointer that works and will continue to work, that's pretty much it. One i found was: https://www.amazon.com/Pinpointer-Me...npointer&psc=1 does this look ok? Do you guys have any suggestions, it isn't worth it to spend more than 50, if i only use it a couple times a month. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Buy a decent pin pointer. Otherwise you will be disappointed. I recommend garrot or whites trx

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    27987 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Tpmetal has it right, IMO: spend the money on a good Pin Pointer.

Don't cheap out on this important tool for our hobby.
    Hawks88, boogeyman and rook3434 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
    41264 times
    One good one is orange.one is black and red. One is green. Like these guys said. Buy a good one.
    Hawks88 likes this.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

us
    Been there...Dug that

Mar 2015
    Northern Illinois
    MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS, White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
    2395 times
    Metal Detecting
    My go-to is my Deteknix X-pointer, but JUST IN CASE...I bought one of those Chinese Carrot lookalikes off Feebay for, like, $30...and it'll do in a pinch if my XP goes south. You can still find the XP, btw, for under $90.
    A2coins likes this.
    "There's GOLD in them thar hills! Well...at least a coupla nice Mercs."

us
    Mar 2007
    NV
    Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
    9 times
    The pinpointer you linked to can be found on eBay for approx $35. It goes by the name of " jeemak" and you can find YouTube videos on the unit.
    A2coins likes this.

Apr 2019
    4 times

here ya go!

I bought a Garrett clone on Ebay....Amazing!!...I have used Garrett pinpointers before...this one does as good for 29 bucks. You will find everything is SO overpriced in detecting. Trust me...this will work for you. I love mine!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56652852_2170530083066367_935154598136512512_n.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	1702291

us
    Jul 2010
    340 times
    Give a report after 30 hours of field time. I'm game to try one for that cost. I have only heard bad things about that pointer though. Maybe the Chinese finally got the backward engineering figured out.

Let us know.

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2796 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor of Engineering View Post
    Tpmetal has it right, IMO: spend the money on a good Pin Pointer.

Don't cheap out on this important tool for our hobby.
    True! Spend the extra to get a good one now or spend as much or even more replacing a cheap one later. And count on the fact the cheap one will take a dump out in the field three miles from your truck.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Jul 2012
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDarrin View Post
    I bought a Garrett clone on Ebay....Amazing!!...I have used Garrett pinpointers before...this one does as good for 29 bucks. You will find everything is SO overpriced in detecting. Trust me...this will work for you. I love mine!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56652852_2170530083066367_935154598136512512_n.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	1702291

I also run the GP Pointer ($20 ebay). It works great ! I have well over 30 hours on mine and have used it everywhere , from salt beaches to fields and parks. Although its only water resistant (not 100% waterproof) I have dunked mine in the water quickly to rinse it off . I like mine so much that I just ordered the GP Pointer 2 . GP pointer 2 is a TRX clone. I dont think there are to many of the GP pointer 2 models available in the US right now so I had to order mine from over seas . The one I did find on ebay ,the guy wanted double of what I payed ($33. usd shipped) . It will take about 3 weeks to receive .

I will say this about my GP pointer . When first purchased I was only getting about 1.5" of depth out of it. I have since super tuned it by adding a .50c metal hose clamp on it. Does it look hokey ? sure, but for the price ($20.50 w/mod) I now get 3" - 3.5" of depth out of it consistently . I would buy 5 more of these before I buy any similar pinpointer that cost $100.
    treasureguy56 likes this.

us
    Deep1

Dec 2018
    Carolina Lowcountry
    Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
    556 times
    "I will say this about my GP pointer . When first purchased I was only getting about 1.5" of depth out of it. I have since super tuned it by adding a .50c metal hose clamp on it. Does it look hokey ? sure, but for the price ($20.50 w/mod) I now get 3" - 3.5" of depth out of it consistently . I would buy 5 more of these before I buy any similar pinpointer that cost $100."

What do a hose clamp do?
    DizzyDigger likes this.
    If it's old, I'll dig it, dive on it, detect it or sometimes when I get lucky just bend over and pick it up.

"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result" Winston Churchill

Charter Member
    us
    Only boaring people get board

Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    Mine Lab Equinox 800, Mine Lab Pro Find 35, Garrett ATpro, Garrett Pro Pointer 2, Whites ID5 Classic
    2933 times
    I tried the GP pointer back when I didnt know any better, I have the Garrett Pro pointer 2 and the Minelab profind 35, I will not waist my time and money again they are junk, might as well use the Harbor freight pointer its just as good as the GP junk..

I get the feeling they guys who talk up the cheep chines pointers haven't used a good quality pointer and dont know any better...
    Clad2Silver and JccEldreth like this.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3853 times
    Metal Detecting
    30 hours....that's a drop in a bucket for a detector let alone for a pinpointer!

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
    3322 times
    Jet747. Come back and let us know how it's working after 3000 hours.

It IS worth it to spend more than $50 for a good one.
    HighVDI and Clad2Silver like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29983 times
    You get what you pay for.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links