All Treasure Hunting

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s a Pulse Induction detector. The pulse delay setting is probably too long to respond to thin foil (or tiny gold)/

OP
OP
D

dingode

Mar 28, 2007
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would a Garrett carrot work better on foil?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me get this straight. You have a F-Pulse but you can't figure out how to get it to hit aluminum foil? Take your time and read the instructions again and go through all the menu choices a couple times. I don't know but it sure sounds like you are de-tuning it maybe too close to metal when you turn it on? I mean like one foot away might still cause a de-tune. They hit such tiny gold no other pinpointer comes close. Even that Falcon I saw videos it did not hit as good.

OP
OP
D

dingode

Mar 28, 2007
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me get this straight. You have a F-Pulse but you can't figure out how to get it to hit aluminum foil? Take your time and read the instructions again and go through all the menu choices a couple times. I don't know but it sure sounds like you are de-tuning it maybe too close to metal when you turn it on? I mean like one foot away might still cause a de-tune. They hit such tiny gold no other pinpointer comes close. Even that Falcon I saw videos it did not hit as good.

I'm thinking my F-pulse may have an issue then. I turn it on way away from the detector or any metal, yet it still beeps and vibrates all the time. I may have to contact Fisher to send it in for service.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe check the batteries. Lots of counterfeit batteries out there, run for 15 minutes and puke out.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The re-tune function of just pressing the button for a fraction of a second be sure not to be near any metal when you do this or it will de-tune.

i just had to try it so I got a piece of aluminum foil about the size of a quarter and it hits from about 1 1/4" on power level two. Didn't try the other power levels.

Okdirtfisher64

Dec 22, 2018
Tulsa,Ok
Detector(s) used
F75+ fisher 11”,5” dd coils
F pulse pin pointer
Black widow headphones
Predator 31c raptor hand digger,
Whites mxt e-tracker stock 9” ,4x6,coil
Garrett AT Pro,ground shrark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sent in a brand new one I got with the package deal with the f75 it was acting very erratic when I called to check on it after seeing it had made it to fisher I was told there was nothing wrong with the unit,was asked what batteries I use and I replied lithium batteries and was told by Felix (over tech) that was what they suspected and for me to use alkaline batteries instead.According to tracking info I should have the unit back Monday.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I absolutely love the f pulse for fit and finish but it just slows me down and I am not as efficient of a digger while using it. Way too chatty and it is hard to distinguish what may be a good coin a little deeper down or it's just talking back to me. I've been using it more lately and really TRYING to like it. I think the carrot and TRX will be the go to's.

Oh.....and good grief the thing does not get along with my F-75 AT ALL! even after flipping through the different frequencies. Frustrating.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lithium so powerful it is picking up the batteries themselves or the electronics inside the pinpointer. LOL

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread